British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

24 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Same with Panthers and Stars seems its Chapman's way or no way

You learn fast Wealdstone 

14 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Which leads me to assume he has total control now and Rathbone and Louis are merely employees and are taking a wage 

Buster keeps his cards very close to his chest, and his wallet even closer.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, stevehone said:

how many other PL teams have been named though?

CL are naming, but PL are pretty much waiting until EVERYTHING is sorted i would imagine 

Sounds about right to me, they have to cross the t's and dot the i's before announcing anything... 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The lack of information is a major worry. If I’d just bought a new club I’d be engaging with my customers and trying to whip up some enthusiasm for the coming season. 

We are seemingly just a pawn on a chessboard waiting to be sacrificed so the king up the road can keep playing on. 

Hard to argue with any of that. 

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hard to argue with any of that. 

This has always been my concern although some on other threads would have you believe that Chapman is a Paragon of virtue and benevolence

I do believe buster has the best intentions. But he is alienating the fans. I can’t think of another sport where a arch rival has bought the other arch rivals and it’s flourished. 

Its doomed from the start. Go back 12 months and see how unhappy his own fans were with him.  

Buster himself said he has never liked Ipswich and I give him credit for being honest.  The feeling is mutual and that’s a huge hurdle to overcome. 

17 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I do believe buster has the best intentions. But he is alienating the fans. I can’t think of another sport where a arch rival has bought the other arch rivals and it’s flourished. 

There are many promoters in Speedway that have run more than one club at the same time and have done well

When we first moved down to the Championship in 2011, I was absolutely gutted and I didn’t even attend a single meeting for that first year. My enthusiasm had completely disappeared. 

I then reluctantly tagged along to a meeting the following year due to my employers sponsoring the meeting and due to the fact my work colleagues then became regular attendees, I also then became a regular again with them. 

I started to enjoy my Speedway again and although I still had that desire to see us return to the top flight, that desire lessened with every season. 

My initial reaction a few weeks ago when the news broke that we had moved up, was excitement and the feeling it was definitely the right time especially with the Championship being watered down. 

The caveat of course, was the apprehension surrounding the sale of the club by Louis, and to Chapman of all people. 

Now the dust has settled and I’ve had time to reflect, I’m now actually gutted we’ve moved up. Never thought that would ever happen!

I can’t be the only one who has been watching in envy at some of our riders joining other Championship sides? The “watering down” hasn’t been as dramatic as I first thought. 

The likes of Somerset and Sheffield in particular have built very good looking sides. 

We could have retained King, Schlein/Covatti and Heeps and also took advantage of Kemp on a 2.00 average and had another crack at that elusive title under the continued “safe” ownership of Louis. 

Instead, we’re now under the ownership of a prat who just stupidly publicly stated he doesn’t like us and has the blood of our arch enemies running through his veins, and all the uncertainty of not having a scooby whether we’ll be even competitive let alone challenging. 

We do of course have to wait and see how this all plays out, but right at this moment, it has the feeling of a massive own goal from Louis and the potential to be a disaster. 

I hope I’m proved completely wrong..

Apart from always preferring 2nd division racing I couldn’t agree with you more.  Watching louis loram Norris standing and Howe and then Tacey lanham And nicholls blossom was fantastic. 

I was so looking forward to seeing drew do the same.  Prospects like him come along so rarely and we have tossed it all away to prop up the top league. I’ve no enthusiasm whatsoever 

• Like 1

Or maybe Kemp wasn't going to ride for the Witches so Chris Louis thought it best for Chris Louis to make the jump and not be castigated by the fans.....:blink:

Maybe there were/are a few more riders that us supporters felt would do well for the Witches in 2019 but have ruled themselves out too....

IMO Buster is devious and am deeply uneasy regarding his motives.

Tbh.... this year got to a stage with me that it was rubbish... wasn't enjoying the season. But I was asked this question

" what's best... speedway like it is or no speedway at all? " 

And for the first time the no speedway at all was winning....

This silence is deafening!!

We, as a club, are used to so much interaction on social media in the close season, as well as the season itself, from Henry,  Chris  and Ritchie.  Shell shocked and no information just isn't witches way.

• Like 2