British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

No I agree. In return they should be given a bigger signing on fee. But clubs are not going for it. 

What signing on fee?

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Also a sponsor is often long term.

The problem is if you cannot offer your sponsors the coverage they have had in previous years they will leave, and when next year you ride for a different club with less restrictive practices you will struggle to regain your old sponsors       

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

We not having Covatti back....

Is that confirmed or just a rumour?!

I had always assumed that the selling of Witches season tickets in December was to give the 'Louis's' a bit of spending money over Christmas. I suppose that this year with Buster buying into the club that thats not needed.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:16 AM, Spl77 said:

I just hope they haven't forgotten that the crap sides they put out in our last couple of elite league days almost finished the club with crowds dropping below the 500 mark.

It's starting to feel like the bad old days of waiting until after Christmas only to see a couple of dodgy Poles named in an uninspiring side. 

I'm generally fearful how weak we'll be. 

Hope I'm proved wrong. 

87 and 88 we're crap seasons as well!

10 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

We not having Covatti back....

Are franz leitner and Andre pollehn available LMAO coz that's where we will probably set our sights.

5 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Sounds like Hawkins doesn’t necessarily get on with buster!

Was thinking similar. Hardly a ringing endorsement of the new owner IMO.

Indicates more to me needs/must or it would have been one big messed up league had he not purchased Pet/ipswich to drag them up in order to maintain a 3 league system. Without you two the Prem would have been screwed to put it mildly.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TB1 said:

Are franz leitner and Andre pollehn available LMAO coz that's where we will probably set our sights.

More like Karol Baran! Anyone knows if mighty Ben Howe fancies a come back? 

In all seriousness they need at least one exciting name and an excellent up and comer in the line up. 

So it's clear as mud now, Buster fully in control. None of this business as usual nonsense that Louis said.

Buster holds the purse strings so he rightly has to have the final say on who comes in and how much for.

I don't think the way he works will sit to well with the original Ipswich management. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

More like Karol Baran! Anyone knows if mighty Ben Howe fancies a come back? 

In all seriousness they need at least one exciting name and an excellent up and comer in the line up. 

And it's worth considering that if the divorce from the EU is a messy one then some riders from Europe may not get work here if the country adopts a twit for tat policy.

Edited by TB1
Spelling mistake

Sorry keyboard mistake:blush:

Edited by TB1
Duplicate