Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Louis working on the “final details” of a buy back clause with Keith Chapman. Things will then be evaluated in 12 months time, according to the Speedway Star today. 

Louis hopes to have the team sorted by Christmas, with “a focus on the sharp end”. 

“An awful lot of groundwork has gone in to it and I definitely feel like we are getting closer. 

“We’re working very hard on an exciting top end and that influences what else you can do within the points limit. We are looking at a good top end which means slightly less strength somewhere else but that’s normal in team building”. 

Interesting. Can surely only mean one thing, welcome Tai :D

Edit: Tungate hasn’t had a single call and is concerned about a team place in 2019. He’s text both Chris Louis AND Hawkins, and hasn’t had a reply off either. 

Think we can discount him ;)

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

Its all a bit of a rollercoaster right now!

Lets hope it all works out in the end

So Louis is saying what he thinks the fans wanna here.... 

As for Tungate... he's text them but they not replied..replied at all or by text., there's a difference :P why would they need to reply it's Busters club and he calls the shots...

"Hi Chris... Buster here.. I've got you an early Xmas present "

" oh ok Buster.. what's that?

" it's a rider for you Chris....

"Oh excellent Buster, what's he like? 

" well Chris I'll give you some clues...Ex Gp rider.. in fact he's got 2 race wins and hes been in PL for a couple of years.. heat leader ave.. 

" can't wait Buster.. I'm.sure the fans will be happy.. I'll let them know we have signed someone exciting then. Thanks again Buster,  what would i do without you"

"My pleasure Chris... but i think its more what would i do without you.!! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Its all a bit of a rollercoaster right now!

Lets hope it all works out in the end

I actually feel a bit better reading that. We know Louis is as passionate about Ipswich as any of us, and it’s good to know that he’s insisted on clauses to buy the club back if he’s not happy with the way things turn out. He’s still very much in the picture. 

8 hours ago, Col said:

King, Nicholls, Schlien, Andersen. What left after Dad's army are signed?

Dad’s Army? Think you’ve mistaken us for the Pussycats there Col! Two signings confirmed, one 36 and the other 38. 

They now just need to sign up the Silver Fox to add a 40 something and they’ll have a full regiment  :D

Andersen has signed for Panthers so my theory is blown.  King, Nicholls & Schlien would leave 29.33 for the final 4 riders I believe.

8 minutes ago, Col said:

Andersen has signed for Panthers so my theory is blown.  King, Nicholls & Schlien would leave 29.33 for the final 4 riders I believe.

I’m very doubtful Rory will go anywhere near a club that Buster is involved with . 

• Like 2

Seems to me Chris Louis is now realising we are a sacrificial lamb to the premiership and is preparing to get the club back already. 

What about Kim nilsen as a number one ? We must have at least one non championship rider to justify the £2 hike in admission 

1 hour ago, blue witch said:

with covatti being at reserve i can't believe we didn't try harder to get him to sign for us

I am surprised he didn’t want to stay at Ipswich

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Craig Cook anyone??????:D:o

Stranger things have happened

• Like 1
  • Sad 1