British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Why do I have this (sad ) feeling we will all wish for Championship racing by the end of season?? Hope I am wrong.....

18 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Why do I have this (sad ) feeling we will all wish for Championship racing by the end of season?? Hope I am wrong.....

I feel like that now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Only 4 riders signed. Doesn't sound good at all. Schlein back to Wolves is another blow. 

Thats 4 more than everyone has been thinking are signed :P

Rory was always an outside chance given the Wolves connection and the Glasgow call off incident

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I feel like that now. 

Chin up J - it can only get better from here! (I think/hope)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder which 4 

King, Lawson, Scotty N and Bellego. I think Fred Jakobsen will sign as well.  

30.54 points for those 5. 

11.96 left for final 2.  

7 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I wonder which 4 

King, Lawson, Scotty N and Bellego. I think Fred Jakobsen will sign as well.  

30.54 points for those 5. 

11.96 left for final 2.  

Can’t see Fred jakobsen not being back at Poole surely? He’s got bags of potential, why on earth bring him over last season and then bin him off!!??

I wonder who the exciting surprise from Europe is?

The Bacon Louis interview would seem to suggest that the sale of the club and move up was very last minute and not foreseen by Louis towards the end of last season as it seems to hint Covatti and possibly Schlien were expecting to have Ipswich as there championship clubs having agreed premiership terms. 

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Can’t see Fred jakobsen not being back at Poole surely? He’s got bags of potential, why on earth bring him over last season and then bin him off!!??

That's the Poole way :t:ps I don't like it at all

Edited by ray c

Surely no chance of Jakobsen

Slightly worrying who we might be getting

Nailed on that Scott is one of them and i would say Danny as well, but we still need someone who can compete in heats 13 and 15 as at the moment i cant see who that may be.

Id take Cam at reserve to see how he goes

Maybe Nicki pedersen fancies the uk now he’s not in the GP and that’s who CL is meeting!? :rofl:

Dont think cam is good value even at reserve on his average, could have so   many others for less!! Ben Barker, Aaron summers, Jake Allen to name a few.

agree Gavan we need a top end competitor for the business end of meetings.

I’d take Cam at reserve also, but the Cam that finished the season not the one who started!

He was awful for Wolves, but that coincided with his poor form in general for us. There’s no doubt he didn’t do himself justice and he’s far far better than he showed. 

When you look at some of the riders who get reserve berths in the top flight, you’d have to say Cam is better than quite a few of them in the second tier. You could argue that some of the second strings as well. 

If he comes back much better prepared this time, I’d have no problem with him at reserve. 

Heeps is a seriously overrated Aussie. Would be a poor signing for anyone in the Premiership. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d take Cam at reserve also, but the Cam that finished the season not the one who started!

He was awful for Wolves, but that coincided with his poor form in general for us. There’s no doubt he didn’t do himself justice and he’s far far better than he showed. 

When you look at some of the riders who get reserve berths in the top flight, you’d have to say Cam is better than quite a few of them in the second tier. You could argue that some of the second strings as well. 

If he comes back much better prepared this time, I’d have no problem with him at reserve

I don’t doubt the potential Heeps has, he shown his ability at times but always seems to then take a step back - admittedly a couple times he’s been injured when flying and that’s never ideal for progress.

surely there’s only so many off seasons we can say he finished better, if he can come back better prepared this time it’ll be good - he’s been coming for 8 years now.....