British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

What big names are there that we could possibly get? Zagar, Pedersen are the only 2 that instantly spring to mind

Is it that Ipswich have been slow out of the blocks or are there other reasons that would explain why they are in this situation . I do hopeĀ  you can find those riders that will make your side competitive but the signs are not looking too good at the moment.

51 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Of course riders like Zmarzlik, Dudek, Janowski & Woffinden are non starters. Think Rohan Tungate is Ippo's only realistic option.

I hope its not too late to apply to rejoin the Championship thenĀ :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Probably why heā€™s just flogged Paco to Brum. Itā€™s paid for his ticket..

That might get him as far as Dover , anymore and Brum overpaid !

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Is it that Ipswich have been slow out of the blocks or are there other reasons that would explain why they are in this situation . I do hopeĀ  you can find those riders that will make your side competitive but the signs are not looking too good at the moment.

The more little snippets that come out the more it appears that the move up was very last minute.Ā 

Therefore most riders already had deals lined up just needed the AGM to rubber stamp a few points.Ā 

You would have though lessons would have been learned from the dross that Ipswich put out on 2010 when crowds fell away and almost finished the club.Ā 

I think alot of us thought that Doyle was coming after the announcement that Ipswich were moving up.Ā 

It's been suggest that money was an issue which should make all Ippo fans worried about being able to attract top line riders.

Given that we have one of the best sponsors assuming that Guy who also sponsors Doyle stays involved and some of the best crowds in the country.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

The more little snippets that come out the more it appears that the move up was very last minute.Ā 

Therefore most riders already had deals lined up just needed the AGM to rubber stamp a few points.Ā 

You would have though lessons would have been learned from the dross that Ipswich put out on 2010 when crowds fell away and almost finished the club.Ā 

Lets hope you can get some decent riders signed but as It,.. see you were in the same boat as Peterborough with elevation to the premier league roughly about the same time, certainly the other 5 clubs had an advantage tying deals up before Panthers and Witches even knew which league they would be racing in though.

I reckon Peterborough's grabbed the notes and left the coins for us:blink:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

I think alot of us thought that Doyle was coming after the announcement that Ipswich were moving up.Ā 

It's been suggest that money was an issue which should make all Ippo fans worried about being able to attract top line riders.

Given that we have one of the best sponsors assuming that Guy who also sponsors Doyle stays involved and some of the best crowds in the country.Ā 

AreĀ  you saying DoylyĀ Ā Ā  left you in the cart(e)

• Like 1

Thorsell to wolves and Piotr pawlicki to the witches!?Ā :party:

ultimately yes itā€™s getter harder and harder to envisage a super exciting team and the strength in depth approach is looking more likely but I truly believe Chris is doing everything to put together a competitive team, letā€™s try to avoid getting to negetive about it all until we see our completed 1-7 take to track in the new year!Ā 

Year on year teams suggested on paper as wooden spoon candidates do the reverse and end up at the sharp end!Ā 

Theres always scope for mid season manoeuvres and letā€™s face the minute drew kemp becomes eligible for the top flight heā€™s likely to be brought in - unless everyone is flying!!

all I hope for a is a team thatā€™s entertaining to watch week in week out at Foxhall, any team that can make their home track a fortress will be a long way towards success!

Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

To be fair i'm guessing Doyle must be the best paid rider on these shores (and rightly so), be plenty of clubs struggling to meet his demands, Swindon gambling he's worth the extra, no doubt his performances will be up to the required standard, whether it puts enough 'bums on seats' and extra sponsorship into the coffers is the question and presumably Ipswich weren't convinced enough to take that risk.

Edited by The Weasel