British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 minute ago, Spl77 said:

Hopefully you know something we don't? Not looking good so far 

Nothing for sure but staying positive 

A few whispers here and there though nothing to pin my hat on naming on here ;)

Im sure whatever happens some will like it and others not a lot but it will be what we've got and we then need to get behind them and enjoy it :t:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ArthurRudge said:

Well with everyone signing riders their is going to be none left shortly except the rubbish

But we’ve already been told we’ve signed riders. Just because none have been announced doesn’t mean riders haven’t signed on. 

Louis likes to reveal the full 7 in one go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

But we’ve already been told we’ve signed riders. Just because none have been announced doesn’t mean riders haven’t signed on. 

Louis likes to reveal the full 7 in one go. 

That as maybe but I am looking at the riders that have already been signed and there isn't a lot of quality left

2 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

That as maybe but I am looking at the riders that have already been signed and there isn't a lot of quality left

We’ll see. 

10 hours ago, poolebolton said:

NBJ just announced he has 2 teams in UK. 

So maybe him and Allen at Reserve. 

With NBJ a 5 pointer and Allen 4.56, the top five would be 5 to 7 pointers. It’s looking a bit Rye House.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

With NBJ a 5 pointer and Allen 4.56, the top five would be 5 to 7 pointers. It’s looking a bit Rye House.

And look what happened to them !!! Only saving grace is it’s busters money he is going to lose. 

Im convinced this move is a absolute disaster and will end in Chris Louis taking back control in 9 months time. 

Sceptical of this move to take Ipswich up, although I probably think in the right conditions the Witches natural place is in the top flight!

Looks like Buster bought Peterborough and Ipswich in order to keep the top flight going. 

I can only see a conflict of interests cause Buster doesn't like Ipswich so he won't want to see Ipswich outdoing his beloved Stars. This will surely hinder Louis's team building efforts. Say for instance Louis somehow managed to convince one of the top GP riders to join would Buster want to finance it when it would be costly and might propel the Witches above the Stars. Also if the Witches start of poorly, and Louis has to make changes and manages to convince one of the Worlds top riders to join mid season to help a late push for the play offs, will Buster again sanction such a move which could force King's Lynn out of the play off picture?

With both teams now likely set to share the same racenight, will Buster worry that some fans may chose to go to Ipswich instead, if the Witches were doing better with a more exciting team?

All I'm hoping for is that Ipswich are competitive and that admission prices aren't pushed up to much!

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Thanks 1

Admission price already on website as part of season ticket announcement

Adults £18

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

And look what happened to them !!! Only saving grace is it’s busters money he is going to lose. 

Im convinced this move is a absolute disaster and will end in Chris Louis taking back control in 9 months time. 

Actually a team ranging from 4.5 to 7.5 looks more like this year’s Poole than Rye House! So maybe not too bad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Piotr Świderski?

Yes please

20 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Piotr Świderski?

Is he even still riding!?

i’m hopeful Chris’s “European trip” is looking forward not back

• Like 1