British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

We know we have Nicholls King Lawson Heeps and Allen...... who are the other 2?

21 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I’m sure supporters at other clubs will look at those and have a chuckle, BUT,  (Allen aside as for some reason I can’t remember how well he goes) all those go very well around Foxhall and would help us be competitive at home at least. 

Fingers crossed Louis can come up with a couple of heatleaders that will help us be competitive on the road too. 

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Is that the same Allen that will be wearing a big number seven on the South Coast ?

7 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Is that the same Allen that will be wearing a big number seven on the South Coast ?

Well we have some confidently claiming Allen is joining Ipswich, and now you confidently claiming he’s Poole bound! 

Shame if he’s joining Poole as that was one particular rumour I was quite enthused about..

Maybe Ipswich have signed Allen

Olly Allen...:blink:

Or that Europe trip was to sign Alan Szczotka 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

We don’t even know Louis even made that trip. The interview in the Ipswich star he said he was going “next week”, which was last week. He hadn’t gone by last Wednesday evening. 

Maybe he went Thursday or Friday :P

Or he cancelled as another move went belly up 

I’m beginning to get impatient now I must admit. Seeing the Panthers releasing names and good ones, isn’t helping. 

Maybe something this week...:rolleyes:

Edited by Arch Stanton

Chris did say he hoped to have it all sorted before Christmas

Louis was seen at the Kraków Christmas Market setting up a stall...... The worrying aspect is Ipswich have plenty of Eastern European assets. 

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Should hear something this week then. Possibly/hopefully! 

TBH you don’t get any prizes for announcing your team first, and I’d rather he took his time to get the right riders, then rushing it through to satisfy impatient supporters. 

I think I’m more impatient this year though because of all the uncertainty of whether we’ll actually have a competitive team or not let alone a successful one. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

Best guess/hoping for in terms of the exciting and competitive team Chris is working on

8.00 mystery European rider

5.67 second mystery European rider

6.36 king 

6.55 lawson

6.64 nicholls

4.72 heeps

4.56 allen

42.5 exact! :party:

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Did he say which Christmas 

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Nicholls was quoted as saying he hasn’t got a premiership place and thinks he will be on the sidelines to start the season.  

He did indeed at  the NSSC meeting last week, although I think there is still time for things to change and even if he started the season without a team it wouldn't be long before something happened. It would be a shame as he has an average that isn't going to eat too much into the team and what he can offer on and off track is still very worthwhile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

He did indeed at  the NSSC meeting last week, although I think there is still time for things to change and even if he started the season without a team it wouldn't be long before something happened. It would be a shame as he has an average that isn't going to eat too much into the team and what he can offer on and off track is still very worthwhile.

It could all depend on how the other pieces of the jigsaw come together

If one piece drops out Scott may then be the right piece to replace as well as adjusting another of the remaining pieces

Makes sense with that being the case not to name any even though 4 are 'signed'