British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

I  hope it means the whole 7 are in place but if it is 2 familiar faces then perhaps not

Not long to wait now!

I’m sure Chris said he didn’t want to start announcing riders until whole team was in place, perhaps they’ll all be announced over the course of the week leading up to Saturday when season tickets on sale at the stadium.

cautiously optimistic, hope he kicks it off with some new faces 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

One of the pitfalls of someone like Chris being on social media I suppose. A close friend who attended last Wednesday spoke to Chris personally and let’s just say, some of the abuse he’s received about selling the club to Chapman hasn’t been easy for him to read. Both he AND Hawkins have been badgered for team news for a few weeks now which makes me think maybe they’ve decided to release a couple of names to get a few people off their back. Could be totally wrong of course!

Lets hope for something Exciting tomorrow, because if it’s the two I mentioned, it could actually make matters worse and heighten The unease!

Chris was always gonna be in for some abuse by selling to Buster but it will pass no doubt, for the Suffolk fans it's like selling their soul but as long as the Louis are involved they'll be ok ......

28 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Still no news coming out of Ipswich then 

You didnt read the last few posts then :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You didnt read the last few posts then :rolleyes:

Was going to say the same but couldn’t be bothered. Had a few barbs coming from this particular poster :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Still no news coming out of Ipswich then 

Yeah, the news is you can't read ...

• Haha 1

Reckon it will be a Polish or Russian DUDE

Which could be MAGIC.  Or someone maybe from the LA Guta? 

But Mr Bacon thinks not though he was wrong about Hans of course due to a last minute change of Fairy tale. 

Drew possibly at Kent or IOW in the NL? Or have I missed his NL announcement? 

Edited by macca56

19 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Still looking forward to the big signings then 

As in heatleaders most definitely. But Allen is a “big” signing IMO. He was on many people’s wish lists on here and will be a very handy rider at reserve. 

• Like 3

Very happy to have some news 

A decent start to our team building naming the reserves first ;) (only kidding Danny)

Jake Allen is a bit of a coup for the Witches given fans of almost every team had him on their wish list

Now we just have to wait and see what Chris can conjur up to complete the side!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As in heatleaders most definitely. But Allen is a “big” signing IMO. He was on many people’s wish lists on here and will be a very handy rider at reserve. 

A really good signing, he is a guy who can improve i wanted him  at Swindon where he would of partnered Doyle.But Ipswich have a good signing here and i can see him challenging Auty/ Garrity for the number 1 spot at Scunthorpe also.

• Like 1