British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Good start, no surprises in Danny and let’s face it he doesn’t get beaten too much at Foxhall by many of the top boys in second league so should still bang points in from the middle order.

jake Allen as others have said was on most people’s wishlist - an early candidate for most improved rider, took a step forward last year and only looks like his trajectory will continue upwards

• Like 1

Allen is a cracking signing. There’s clearly a lack of top end big hitters around these days and it’s clear to see the way some teams are shaping their teams. Both Poole and Peterborough look to have very strong reserves, now Ipswich have signed another. 

Allen will be a match for any of them. 

• Like 4

I suspect everyone is really looking forward to the top end signings, it's somewhat hazy to see who they might be. Although expected, King and Allen are good signings, especially Allen who is more than likely to improve in 2019...

• Like 1

I would still expect the team to be something like.....

1. ?

2. ?

3. Lawson

4. King

5. Nicholls

6. Allen

7. Heeps/Jensen

No idea what would leave and what options we have

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

As in heatleaders most definitely. But Allen is a “big” signing IMO. He was on many people’s wish lists on here and will be a very handy rider at reserve. 

Good signing for you there. I bet he had a good few teams after him as well. I would of welcomed him at the AFA for 2019.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I would still expect the team to be something like.....

1. ?

2. ?

3. Lawson

4. King

5. Nicholls

6. Allen

7. Heeps/Jensen

No idea what would leave and what options we have

Think that woukd leave somewhere around 14 points for the final 2

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

KK ? 

Tungate ? 

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I calculated it at 13.40.

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

no tungate anywhere yet surely rohan not that bad ?

Rohan burnt a few bridges at Foxhall before he left, constantly moaning about the track not being prepared properly and having a fall out with Louis.

If thats all water under the bridge then he could easily be in the 1-7 but wouldnt leave huge amounts for the last rider

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Rohan burnt a few bridges at Foxhall before he left, constantly moaning about the track not being prepared properly and having a fall out with Louis.

If thats all water under the bridge then he could easily be in the 1-7 but wouldnt leave huge amounts for the last rider

Tungate & Jakobsen as an option ??

My only fear on Jakobsen is I think he will develop later rather than earlier so would the team be able to carry him (possibly)  early season ??

Matt Ford said in an article last few days that 1/2 teams had shown interest as Poole cannot accommodate/afford him due to cost constraints.

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

I suspect everyone is really looking forward to the top end signings, it's somewhat hazy to see who they might be. Although expected, King and Allen are good signings, especially Allen who is more than likely to improve in 2019...

Think anywhere else King wouldn’t particularly be seen as a good signing. But for us you’d have to say he is. Knows Foxhall like the back of his hand and as was said earlier, is rarely beaten by the heatleaders in the Championship around the Heath so should be a solid scorer to help win our home meetings which is important. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Col said:

I calculated it at 13.40.

After Brit discounts??

ok I think based on what I am hearing personally the team is going to look very close to this.

1. Smolinski

2. Lawson

3. Nicholls

4. King

5. Tungate

6 Haertel

7 Allen

Seems Ipswich will opt for the cheaper option of Tungate who will be based in the UK and cheaper cost and easier logistic side of bringing two German riders over together as opposed to opting for riders from different countries.

However depending upon who you actually talk to and what other say the team could look like this

1. Hampel

2. Lawson

3. Nicholls

4. King

5. Przedpelski 

6. Allen

7. Heeps

People saying Hampel does not want the UK at his age or would be too expensive, Hampel now would be less expensive than he was a few seasons ago, looking at the other no.1's it could be seen as easier for him and thus easier money and would bring Pawel with him to develope him, I believe they do share a sponsor or two who would like to see this partnership develope, it would certainly be exciting even if for one season.  Przedpelski is keen to continue in the UK after a short stint at Leicester and only Wolves is a small track in this league so it would definately suit him and bring him on.

Heeps is the enigma, but I can see Louis and Hawkins giving him the first few meetings to see what Heeps comes to the party, if he does well then great if not will be replaced by Kemp once he has achieved his average.

Would Kemp start with a 2 average?