British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

18 minutes ago, acef said:

This is a public forum, and I’ve given an opinion on Ipswich on their page.

If you want to do war and peace because you can’t handle someone else’s point of view, then I’ll happily engage with you on the BV page.

Cheers.

Don’t have a problem with other people’s views, just find all the negativity pointed towards the witches potential team next season frustrating when we’ve only now named 2 riders, one of whom has been one of our most loyal servants and is rarely beaten at Foxhall and another who has been named on the wishlists of fans on every page of the forum!

I, like many fans am apprenhensive for what the new season brings, but also optimistic Chris is putting together the most competitive team he can - I find it difficult when only 2 riders have been announced and many other teams are yet to be completed, the witches side can be described as cannon fodder.

not looking for war mate just think it’s a harsh judgement on 5 unnamed riders that you don’t know the identity of as yet 

• Like 7

Cant yet see how anyone can mock the Ipswich side as of yet as we dont know the riders.

By all means have concerns over the availability of what is out there.

So far we have signed a potential top second string certainly at home.

We have signed a young rider that most teams would have loved to have seen in their team

It could look awful with the next few signings but at the moment nothing wrong with the two we have signed.

• Like 2

how about this team;

Jarek Hampel

Msksym Drabik

Scott Nicholls or Rohan Tungate

Richard Lawson

Danny King

Cam Heeps

Jake Allen

17 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Don’t have a problem with other people’s views, just find all the negativity pointed towards the witches potential team next season frustrating when we’ve only now named 2 riders, one of whom has been one of our most loyal servants and is rarely beaten at Foxhall and another who has been named on the wishlists of fans on every page of the forum!

I, like many fans am apprenhensive for what the new season brings, but also optimistic Chris is putting together the most competitive team he can - I find it difficult when only 2 riders have been announced and many other teams are yet to be completed, the witches side can be described as cannon fodder.

not looking for war mate just think it’s a harsh judgement on 5 unnamed riders that you don’t know the identity of as yet 

The identity may not be official but we can pretty much put this Ipswich team together. One or two riders apart, it’s fairly clear. The general theme over this page has been that of negativity and there is likely good reason for that. As a BV fan, I’ve seen this before. I hope Ipswich will put together a competitive team but from what we can see, using a bit of common sense, that would seem to represent a season that’s going to be a bit of a slog for the witches.

If you can pull out a Janowski, a Milik, even kk then that will change the landscape. Otherwise your just picking up Uk based riders and there are not many left.

If it’s any consolation, KL will be equally as rubbish if NKI says no.

Edited by acef

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Cant yet see how anyone can mock the Ipswich side as of yet as we dont know the riders.

By all means have concerns over the availability of what is out there.

So far we have signed a potential top second string certainly at home.

We have signed a young rider that most teams would have loved to have seen in their team

It could look awful with the next few signings but at the moment nothing wrong with the two we have signed.

As we all know Gav it's not even a case of what your named side is at this early stage. They should be judged more by results after a couple of months (say in June).

We all know that some get carried away positive/negative on how good/bad the side looks in Dec/Jan.

Irrespective of Poole eventually winning the league, not many thought that the original named 7 would be languishing near to bottom of the table after the first few months. Too much is prejudged before a wheel is turned. I would hope the Witches put out a competitive team in 2019. Let the results determine if was a right/wrong choice. It's crazy that some dismiss the team before its even been announced.

King/Allen are a decent start to team announcing and hopefully they will still have a decent team even if on paper it does not look league winning. We all know only too well from all 3 leagues in 2018 that finishing top of the leagues doesn't always win titles ;-)

• Like 1

I will probably be proved wrong a month or so into the season but I really don't get this 'look how strong all the other teams are' comments. 

In my opinion the only world class number 1 that has been announced so far is Doyle and I am sure he will be joined by Lambert shortly. I just don't put Cook, Fricke, Masters, Kurtz, Harris, etc, etc. in that out and out number 1 category, they are just good solid riders. 

I think that Louis is potentially trying to build a team whose strength will be based on home performances and then see what you can pick up away. As has already been said on here, there are not many that will beat King around Foxhall and the same will go for Nicholls if he ends up being another one of the seven.

Opinions, opinions......

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, acef said:

The identity may not be official but we can pretty much put this Ipswich team together. One or two riders apart, it’s fairly clear. The general theme over this page has been that of negativity and there is likely good reason for that. As a BV fan, I’ve seen this before. I hope Ipswich will put together a competitive team but from what we can see, using a bit of common sense, that would seem to represent a season that’s going to be a bit of a slog for the witches.

If you can pull out a Janowski, a Milik, even kk then that will change the landscape. Otherwise your just picking up Uk based riders and there are not many left.

If it’s any consolation, KL will be equally as rubbish if NKI says no.

Not sure where you are going with this, so the team is pretty much settled....

So Lets see....

Allen at 6?

King at 4?

So who else is nailed on?   Lawson at 2?   one from Nicholls or Proctor at 3?   Jensen, Heeps or Hartel at 7?

So now we get down to the one or two riders part.... which will literally make or break this team

I believe at no 5 we are going to see the return of Rohan Tungate but lets see what combo's could happen just out of curiostity

Jonsson / Nilsson?

Smolinski / Jepsen Jensen?

Hampel . Przedpelski?

Milik / Michelsen?

Zagar?

Vaculik?

People are writing off the Witches, some riders have said no to the UK but that is at the time, perhaps an offer was not there or they got a poorer deal elsewhere so need to look at the UK? Things change so those riders writing off the UK may well be having a rethink.... can't see why Jonsson, Nilsson, Smolinski, Jepsen Jensen, Przedpelski, Hampel, Milik, Michelsen, Milik, Zagar would 100% turn down the UK

Only one I can understand would be Holder due to Visa issues or any rider that has qualified for the Speedway Grand Prix such as Vaculik.

The Witches last season were getting crowds that some Premiership clubs would love to see on a regular basis, financially it has a great sponsor and other associate sponsors, nobody knows if the sponsorship revenues have increased in order to go out and grab a fantastic 1 & 5 that other clubs either can't afford or other clubs thought they would not ride in the UK?

As I said I think Tungate will be at 5 and Smolinski will be at 1 but who knows ;)  its definately not enough information to write the witches off as wooden spoonists right here right now

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Cat 1 and 2 is still min 4 though

...and Kemp, the subject of the original question, is neither.

3 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Not sure where you are going with this, so the team is pretty much settled....

So Lets see....

Allen at 6?

King at 4?

So who else is nailed on?   Lawson at 2?   one from Nicholls or Proctor at 3?   Jensen, Heeps or Hartel at 7?

So now we get down to the one or two riders part.... which will literally make or break this team

I believe at no 5 we are going to see the return of Rohan Tungate but lets see what combo's could happen just out of curiostity

Jonsson / Nilsson?

Smolinski / Jepsen Jensen?

Hampel . Przedpelski?

Milik / Michelsen?

Zagar?

Vaculik?

People are writing off the Witches, some riders have said no to the UK but that is at the time, perhaps an offer was not there or they got a poorer deal elsewhere so need to look at the UK? Things change so those riders writing off the UK may well be having a rethink.... can't see why Jonsson, Nilsson, Smolinski, Jepsen Jensen, Przedpelski, Hampel, Milik, Michelsen, Milik, Zagar would 100% turn down the UK

Only one I can understand would be Holder due to Visa issues or any rider that has qualified for the Speedway Grand Prix such as Vaculik.

The Witches last season were getting crowds that some Premiership clubs would love to see on a regular basis, financially it has a great sponsor and other associate sponsors, nobody knows if the sponsorship revenues have increased in order to go out and grab a fantastic 1 & 5 that other clubs either can't afford or other clubs thought they would not ride in the UK?

As I said I think Tungate will be at 5 and Smolinski will be at 1 but who knows ;)  its definately not enough information to write the witches off as wooden spoonists right here right now

Going nowhere per se. Just putting names out there and opening a debate.

I agree. I can see Tungate and Lawson, and more than likely Nicholls. 

I think some Ipswich fans are hanging on for a surprise in those last 2 spots. I don’t see it. I see you using whatever is left of the UK based riders and building with as much depth as possible. Enough to give you some competitiveness.

If you do manage to get Millik for example, then well done because that changes the dynamic completely.

ok Lets say its

King, Lawson, Nicholls, Allen & Heeps... as a nailed on 5

What other two riders are available who rode the UK last year that can complete the team and get anywhere near 42.5

Tungate being at 5, so who else is out there with a big enough average to complete the side?

I really do believe that the no.1 will be a rider who did not do the UK last year, and potentially the no.5 tho that would be pushing the budget depending on who the no.1 is

• Like 1

anyone know when the rest of the team is going to be made public as surprises are maybe in store when the likes of Drabik is included

Dont think its likely that Tungate will be back - as far as Im aware he is not popular with any section of the Witches set up (promoter, fans or sponsors):(

Scott Im hearing hasnt even had a call at all yet let alone an offer

So we need to hope that Euro trip went well :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1