British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

So Tungate on 7.61(higher than NKI or Holder) will likely be at number 1. The problem with signing any Polish rider (as Poole are already aware) when you have a limited budget is the financial penalty if they get injured over here. - aside from the deal itself!!

Seems like we are a bit dumb here in Suffolk - fancy us keep asking Chris what our team will be

We really shouldve realised that the man to ask is Matt Ford - apparently he has known our 1-7 since early December!!

Now where is his email address.......

• Haha 4

I’ve looked under my Christmas tree and I haven’t got a heat leader there.  Hope Chris Louis has more luck !!! 

Merry Christmas everyone whoever you support 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Seems like we are a bit dumb here in Suffolk - fancy us keep asking Chris what our team will be

We really shouldve realised that the man to ask is Matt Ford - apparently he has known our 1-7 since early December!!

Now where is his email address.......

Get it right.  My post on the Poole thread said he knew virtually all the teams line-ups.

If you can't read it properly you are simply proving your first statement above to be correct.

Still not long to wait til the New Year for the Witches announcements.......(according to twitter)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Get it right.  My post on the Poole thread said he knew virtually all the teams line-ups.

If you can't read it properly you are simply proving your first statement above to be correct.

Still not long to wait til the New Year for the Witches announcements.......(according to twitter)

Happy Christmas to you too Skidder! :)

March would still be in the new year btw ;)(if you read the statement properly):P

Who would have the higher Average Nikki Pedersen or Greg Hancock? As neither of these will ever ride in the UK again just offer the highest average one a contract then they can withhold their services and we can use guests. 

It's about the only way we stand of being half competitive 

23 hours ago, Icicle said:

Sadly we seem to be writing this team off even before it is fully signed & announced!!

Such is the shock still permeating witches fans I fear. It's evident because, we are not even speculating on a team, such is our lack of confidence in premier league speedway. 

I'm sure Chris will put together a decent team, whether it will compete with the ones already announced, we will see come April. 

The likelihood of Cameron being back doesn't inspire confidence either after his poor 2018 season, but I think we could really do with another signing announcement of some sort fairly soon. 

• Like 2

But the Witches have signed at least 2 riders....but for reasons only known to the powers at be... they are being kept to themselves :blink:

48 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But the Witches have signed at least 2 riders....but for reasons only known to the powers at be... they are being kept to themselves :blink:

I thought that. They had signed “4” but have only named 2. I’m wondering if the other two can’t be announced officially until they’re happy with the top end? 

If things don’t go to plan (which seems likely at present) and they have to change the make up of the side and go strength in depth, then maybe the two signed riders will be told they’re out. 

Huge kick in the balls for those two riders especially this late in the day where they wouldn’t have a chance to get fixed up elsewhere, but it’s the only reason I can think of as to why only 2 were announced and not all 4. 

King and Allen were probably safe announcements and in the team whatever the scenario. 

But where are these top riders who want to ride in the U.K.  ??? 

Scott nicholls hasn’t been approached as allegedly the terms they could offer were so poor they didn’t bother to insult him. 

Tungate has burnt his bridges and the only quality available rider Is iversen and I’m sure he will either return to Lynn or not return to the U.K.

David Bellego is available and I think Lawson is a cert along with Heeps. I’d take Erik Riss but I’m sure buster wants him at Lynn. We could end up with a timo lahti st number 1. 

I just cannot see where we are going to get a decent heat leader from.