British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Well I've been thinking long and hard about the move up and I'm still not convinced it's the right thing to do for the Witches and I'm certainly not alone in that opinion. 

The whole concept of 1 owner controlling 3 top flight teams doesn't sit right with me at all at the end of the day . 

I'm sure Mr Chapman has his own agenda and that is predominantly to keep the Premiership in existence, not to necessarily do what's right for Ipswich Speedway ? 

Just seems strange that the only 2 teams left to be completed happen to be 2 of his 3 ??? 

Hopefully he doesn't ruin us and thank heavens Chris has the buy back clause if things don't go according to plan ! (and it's not too late of course) 

I also know previously die hard season ticket holders who would normally have paid their money by now that are holding back till the team is announced purely because they don't want to waste money if we end up doing the same as we did towards the end of our last top flight campaign ! 

If we've signed 4 riders announce them for petes sake, then we at least have some room for speculation on the remaining slots with how many points left to play with. 

Come on, give us something to go with as I for one am not in the least bit enthusiastic at this point, I think a few more out there are seriously interested in seeing what's going to happen to justify the increase in admission costs. 

• Like 2

And I would like to know if the buy back clause has protection over our current assets as we may find Drew Kemp may not be included and remains a buster asset. 

This is my biggest fear. 

• Like 1

Having a good side and an out and out number 1 really could put bums on seats. I remember going to compost corner a few years back for sayfutinovs debut for Coventry, buster had to delay the start to let everyone in. However like a lot on here I fear the barrel we are scraping no longer has a bottom!

This is sounding all too reminiscent of Leicester's recent dabble in the top flight. At least your promotors are not telling you whoppers about supposedly having world class stars queueing up to sign (and I don't mean Damien Bates). Hope it turns out better for you and that all of the fears prove to be groundless.

Well I tend to differ,I think that witches will have a top level number1  signed and by news years day everyone will be full of confedence for the 2019 season ,first 2 signings look great so get behind ya team as positives are always better than negetives ,happy team and fans is a fast one that holds the cup at season end!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Well I tend to differ,I think that witches will have a top level number1  signed and by news years day everyone will be full of confedence for the 2019 season ,first 2 signings look great so get behind ya team as positives are always better than negetives ,happy team and fans is a fast one that holds the cup at season end!

Fingers crossed you're right! 

• Like 2

Can't see the witches finding a top number one for 2019. The financial outlay just wouldn't be viable so can't see that happening. A solid approach can still work though, as seen by Poole's success last year.

A solid team can work. I remember a hull team that came in late to join the premier league and had just the unwanted riders to choose from. 

My fear is that if you compare the top two heat leaders from each team then Ipswich could suffer.  Of course we don’t know our team yet. 

Belle Vue - Fricke And Bjerre 

kings lynn - lambert And iversen???

poole - holder and Kurtz 

swindon - Doyle And batchelor 

wolves - masters and schlien 

peterboro - cook and Andersen 

ipswich ??? King and Lawson if we are unable to get a proper number one. 

If this happens heats 13 and 15 are not going to be pretty. 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

A solid team can work. I remember a hull team that came in late to join the premier league and had just the unwanted riders to choose from. 

My fear is that if you compare the top two heat leaders from each team then Ipswich could suffer.  Of course we don’t know our team yet. 

Belle Vue - Fricke And Bjerre 

kings lynn - lambert And iversen???

poole - holder and Kurtz 

swindon - Doyle And batchelor 

wolves - masters and schlien 

peterboro - cook and Andersen 

ipswich ??? King and Lawson if we are unable to get a proper number one. 

If this happens heats 13 and 15 are not going to be pretty. 

Yes, 1998 I believe, we had a solid season finishing 4th out of 13.  Hull pushed the 'strength in depth concept' in 2004, after being unable to sign the likes of Matej Zagar as an out and out no.1, winning the then PL Treble League, KOC & Young Shield Shield, the riders swapped places in the line-up almost for fun ensuring we had powerful reserves all season.  So strength in depth can work, the proof in the pudding will be at tapes up as always.......

My cencern is that all the smart money seemed to have Doyle as heading to ipswich.

That apparently fell through due to money and now if the rumours are to be believed the terms we can offer are so bad that we won't even embarrassing Nicholls by offering a deal. 

If that's true we would seem knackered! 

Just now, Spl77 said:

My cencern is that all the smart money seemed to have Doyle as heading to ipswich.

That apparently fell through due to money and now if the rumours are to be believed the terms we can offer are so bad that we won't even embarrassing Nicholls by offering a deal. 

Simon Lambert has got news coming out on new years day, fingers crossed it's Kings Lynn  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it’s a tug o war between Lynn and Ipswich for the services of one Rambo Lambo this one battle I really wanna see The Witches win.  Have a feeling he would be much better suited to a season around Foxhole.;)

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Plenty of time - theres still 3 months to work something out!!

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Plenty of time - theres still 3 months to work something out!!

Why would Ipswich join the premier league if they could not afford to pay reasonable rates.

13 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Why would Ipswich join the premier league if they could not afford to pay reasonable rates.

We have been purchased simply to keep the number of clubs up so the premiership didn’t collapse.  If it had collapsed the financial implications from the bt deal would be severe. 

Its cheaperto use Ipswich as a sacrifice to keep the league running for a further year before it implodes again. 

Peterborough are not working to the same budget as Ipswich.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1