British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

19 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Why would Ipswich join the premier league if they could not afford to pay reasonable rates.

I'm starting to think that Ipswich were backed into a corner and forced to move up to save the premiership. Perhaps a case of premiership or no speedway as the bspa tried to save the flagship league! 

The longer this all drags on the less convinced I am that this what Louis and Ipswich as a club wanted. 

The amount of work that has been put in recent years in terms of naming competitive teams social media updates and interaction with the supporters seems to have been wiped out and replaced with the Chapman silence blanket. 

The club didn't appear to be for sale and Ipswich were planning championship speedway again at the end of last season. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Why would Ipswich join the premier league if they could not afford to pay reasonable rates.

Ive given up trying to 2nd guess what the £$@€  is going on!!

Im at the point of just waiting to see what happens and making little comment 

The next week or so could see some more info. Originally it was indicated to expect the next 2 announcements early in new year with completion not too long after

Hopefully that will happen rather than having to wait til March......:blink::(

• Like 3

Wow i see lots of slating before you even have a team you never know could have NKI as your number 1 . 

• Like 1

Buster doesn’t rely on Lynn Speedway  as his source of income.

Ged doesn’t rely on P’Boro Speedway for his source of income 

Chris. At Ipswich Speedway, What is his main source of income ?

23 minutes ago, Greg said:

Wow i see lots of slating before you even have a team you never know could have NKI as your number 1 . 

If there was any chance of that I think we wouldve had some more positive noises even without an official announcement

Infact I would say there is more chance of Theresa May being caught naked atop the London Eye causing the cancellation of the New Year fireworks :P

Must be where part of the budget is going then.  Ged n Buster run it part time. Chris needs a full time salary for doing the same job.  Can’t wonder why Ippo have less money to pay out on riders.  The cake is always the same no matter how many different ways you cut it

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Infact I would say there is more chance of Theresa May being caught naked atop the London Eye causing the cancellation of the New Year fireworks :P

What a horrible thought! And a Happy New Year to you!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Greg said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised along with another Kings Lynn rider to make way for Tungate  and Kerr.

21 minutes ago, semion said:

Must be where part of the budget is going then.  Ged n Buster run it part time. Chris needs a full time salary for doing the same job.  Can’t wonder why Ippo have less money to pay out on riders.  The cake is always the same no matter how many different ways you cut it

Could be akin to having an 8th rider if you look at it that way

No one knows the in and outs of the deals (and nor should they really) but you would expect a relatively level playing field

So lets wait and see before jumping to conclusions however obvious they may seem at this time

• Like 2

16 hours ago, semion said:

Has Chris Louis really got no income other than Ipswich Speedway? Of course he has, a long term international rider...... 

3 minutes ago, Trees said:

Has Chris Louis really got no income other than Ipswich Speedway? Of course he has, a long term international rider...... 

What ????  :o

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

Chris may well have made a well deserved return from his riding days but I would doubt any 'pot of gold' built up would be sufficient to guarantee the tens of thousands per season required to bankroll the speedway club

• Like 1

20 hours ago, semion said:

Presumably the profits from his engine tuning business.

• Like 1