Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, Trees said:

It's all about whether Chris needs to draw a proper wage from the club and so making the club less viable given the wage rumours for riders... my thoughts are he doesn't have to rely on income from the club because he'd been a long term international rider and will have other business income.... 

To be honest it doesn't matter if Ipswich speedway is Louis sole income or not. 

That should have been taken into account when buster was looking and the buying the club and the budget to run the club increased to allow Louis to take a full time wage if that is required. 

At the moment it looks like the Ipswich public have been shafted just so that Buster can keep the top flight going. 

Any positives from when the announcement of moving up was made seem long gone. I was feeling positive back in November I mean moving up Louis in charge with financial backing from buster and a great sponsor I felt sure we could attract a couple to decent heat leaders....... Now it appears the finance is so poor that we won't even talk to Nicholls as the terms are embarrassing! 

Our last season in the top flight almost finished the club. 

A combination of top flight politics a weak team which resulted to crowds dropping to dangerously low figures on face value no one seems to have learned from 2010! 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

It's all about whether Chris needs to draw a proper wage from the club and so making the club less viable given the wage rumours for riders... my thoughts are he doesn't have to rely on income from the club because he'd been a long term international rider and will have other business income.... 

I find this rather bizarre comment! Why should Chris Louis forgo any remuneration for his efforts in regard to Ipswich irrespective of his possible financial resources.

3 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

To be honest it doesn't matter if Ipswich speedway is Louis sole income or not. 

That should have been taken into account when buster was looking and the buying the club and the budget to run the club increased to allow Louis to take a full time wage if that is required. 

At the moment it looks like the Ipswich public have been shafted just so that Buster can keep the top flight going. 

Any positives from when the announcement of moving up was made seem long gone. I was feeling positive back in November I mean moving up Louis in charge with financial backing from buster and a great sponsor I felt sure we could attract a couple to decent heat leaders....... Now it appears the finance is so poor that we won't even talk to Nicholls as the terms are embarrassing! 

Our last season in the top flight almost finished the club. 

A combination of top flight politics a weak team which resulted to crowds dropping to dangerously low figures on face value no one seems to have learned from 2010! 

I’ve seen this a couple of times now and I’m sorry but I don’t buy that at all. 

When the full kings Lynn team is announced will for me say if we have been properly shafted. 

If lynn have lambert and Niels iversen is the team together it will confirm my suspicions. They are both world class quality riders and if buster did want what’s best for Ipswich speedway he would have one at each track. 

To go up with a champion team without a proper number one will be a financial disaster 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

I am sure that this is the case. Buster will feel he has failed to keep the top flight going and even he would likely be devasted when it happens ( in less than 12 months ). Forever the optimist wearing rose-tinted spectacles and feeling the "all is well": in UK speedway - that's Buster. With No Change being the mantra, how can things improve after just a minor reshuffle?

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

When the full kings Lynn team is announced will for me say if we have been properly shafted. 

If lynn have lambert and Niels iversen is the team together it will confirm my suspicions. They are both world class quality riders and if buster did want what’s best for Ipswich speedway he would have one at each track. 

To go up with a champion team without a proper number one will be a financial disaster 

Why should lynn fans suffer. Jorgensen or proctor may become available. As should Kerr 

without both iversen and lambert spearheading then Lynn will no way be title contenders. As a lynn fan iversen riding for you guys is as unthinkable as kemp riding for us once his ave allows

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Why should lynn fans suffer. Jorgensen or proctor may become available. As should Kerr 

without both iversen and lambert spearheading then Lynn will no way be title contenders. As a lynn fan iversen riding for you guys is as unthinkable as kemp riding for us once his ave allows

And that is why self interest has killed the top league. A while ago when I said Ipswich would be shafted I was told it would not be in busters best interests to have a poor team at foxhall. 

Common sense says if you have two world class riders and two teams then you would have one each surely ???? 

As for drew. You would take him as quickly as you did with Richard knight mark loram and Tony rickardsson.  Who would blame you either. 

We don’t want premiership racing. 

We don’t want buster as our owner. 

We just want our club back. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Badge said:

And you need to know this why?

Whatever Chris 's income streams are, to me it's fairly evident that whilst Chris may draw up a list of riders he would like to ride for witches, it's obviously buster negotiating the terms which presumably is why we are still teamless atm.

Seems Peterborough's got all the spare dosh for their team:unsure:

I'm not sure what the deals are for Ippo and the Panthers. Or who is paying for what, but Peterborough's team look strong and not done on the cheap, they got stuck in and got their riders signed up pretty fast.

If I was a fan I would be worried  with the lack of  news coming from your club..

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Peterborough have a stronger team than Lynn. Who knows whats going on :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Whilst I can fully understand the silence from Chris Louis (if he has little positive to report), I don't understand the silence from Mike Bacon/Ipswich Star. What's happened to investigative reporting?

2 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Agree with you on this Danny

If Lynn want and can accomodate both Lambert and Iversen they should

If Niels became genuinely available I would be delighted to see him at Ipswich but I dont expect it to happen

The thought of Drew riding for Lynn sends a shudder down the spine :P

• Like 1

I take it we will have a team with second strings and reserves,, something like King Lawson Kennett Allen Summers Heeps Oystercard/Doolan

Not sure how far under the limit that is,, but not many riders around in the bargain basement catagory either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I take it we will have a team with second strings and reserves,, something like King Lawson Kennett Allen Summers Heeps Oystercard/Doolan

Not sure how far under the limit that is,, but not many riders around in the bargain basement catagory either. 

Sedgmen ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

I'd be happy as larry if Proctor and Jorgensen signed for us, along with Nathan Greaves. If we can't compete with a proper PL line up, at least we would have riders who give 100% for the team, alongside Danny and Jake.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Agree with you on this Danny

If Lynn want and can accomodate both Lambert and Iversen they should

If Niels became genuinely available I would be delighted to see him at Ipswich but I dont expect it to happen

The thought of Drew riding for Lynn sends a shudder down the spine :P

I could see NKI becoming available,whether he will ride for Ipswich is another question though.

I can’t see Lynn not signing him. A genuine world class rider who is loyal. Also on a low average which potentially could go up by two points. 

If he doesn’t ride for Lynn I would expect him to not ride in the U.K. at all.