British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Lawson confirmed. 

Welcome to the Coven, Son of God.  Well pleased with that. Now for the rabbits... 

Welcome to the Witches Richard

Decent signing - should be very solid at home

Has been improving steadily year by year - hope that continues

• Like 3

Okay signing,, will have some good meetings and will have some shockers, it's the next signing that will show if we will be fodder or challengers 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Okay signing,, will have some good meetings and will have some shockers, it's the next signing that will show if we will be fodder or challengers 

i think given how well lawson goes at ipswich its a good signing. agree though the last 3 places are gonna be make or break! by my calculations we have 20.31 left for final three riders so really depends who's available and affordable!! could be 3 6pt somethings or a number 1 a 6 and another 3/4pt rider

23 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

i think given how well lawson goes at ipswich its a good signing. agree though the last 3 places are gonna be make or break! by my calculations we have 20.31 left for final three riders so really depends who's available and affordable!! could be 3 6pt somethings or a number 1 a 6 and another 3/4pt rider

Tungate 7.61, Nicholls 6.64 and Bellego 6.11 (if Nicholls has British Reduction) or Sundstrom 6.04 if not. 

I think given the way our team will be built he may start as second heat leader and will stick to he will have some good ones and some shockers,, he always has done at this level. 

Not sure I should really be commenting as I doubt I will be watching very often unless a major rabbit is pulled from a hat. 

Edited by Baldyman

2 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Tungate 7.61, Nicholls 6.64 and Bellego 6.11 (if Nicholls has British Reduction) or Sundstrom 6.04 if not. 

Now that is a 20 points adrift at the bottom of the table team,,,, just like the old days,,,, but hey retro is in, 

• Haha 1

We wouldn’t be 20 points adrift with that team as we would win all our home meetings..... my cup is always half full....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Nicholls doesn’t apparently

Just my opinion,, and I'm sticking to it. And my cup isn't half empty, it's a thimble full just about covering the base of the cup

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Sundstrom for Bellego     would be spot on     42.50  

30 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Sundstrom for Bellego     would be spot on     42.50  

Sundstrom may also be a bit more desperate to ride UK again.

He has lost his team in POL Nice 1 for 2019 after their dodgy boss was refused a racing licence thus dumping plenty of decent riders without a team after the POL transfer window closed and all teams were filled andseemed happy. Believe he is talking to several other clubs but as it stands he only has Sweden.

He dropped to a decent av at Poole but not one you can rely on. Will do a decent job with reasonable heat leaders in the side but wouldn't like to bank on him when needed. Still his GSA makes him a decent proposition if not too costly as no doubt flights/equip/mechanics/accomodation costs do rack up. Even Poole have had to reduce cost in that area.

• Like 1

No thanks to Sundstrom.

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No thanks to Sundstrom.

Who is better on his average ? Linus is a decent rider...

• Like 4

Sundstrom seems to blow hot and cold but would be a decent signing on that average

The key whether we can land a No1......