British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Just throwing this in - any chance of Krzysztof Buczkowski?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Just throwing this in - any chance of Krzysztof Buczkowski?

Hope so, I'd love to see him ride the Showground again. Plus he'd be gash around Ipswich.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

No inside information. Just my opinion. I can’t see us getting a number one. I’m sure they have exhausted all avenues. But no one wants to ride in the U.K. for a tenth of what Poland pays. 

Martin Vaculik was up for it last year before he got injured at Swindon.

7 hours ago, KevH said:

Martin Vaculik was up for it last year before he got injured at Swindon.

Nice shout but he has already stated in the speedway star that it's GP's and Poland only for him this year. 

I still think Zagar would be good.

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just read the Speedway Star and I wouldn’t read much in to Lawson starting at number 1. Seems a bit of a nothing piece really and just says unless Ipswich sign a “heavyweight” who didn’t ride in the UK last season, he COULD be fighting it out for the number 1 berth. They don’t seem to have any clue like the rest of us. 

Interestingly, Tungate says in the Star there could be a possibility “in the next few days” of something happening in the Premiership, with only Kings Lynn and Ipswich spots available. 

Yes we know it was very unlikely he would return to Ipswich for various reasons that I won’t go in to on here, but just maybe they’ve got to the point where we’re going to have to take him on because we have no other choice?

Really can’t see him rocking up at Lynn

Yes..you dont bite the hand that feeds u......

7 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Said no....

Its gonna be like the vicar of Dibley

no no no no no no no - yes!!

Still being positive and thinking it will be worth the wait :)

• Haha 1

Although I'm sure that most of the die hards will continue to attend Foxhall whatever the team is I'm not convinced that being Premiership will necessarily bring in the desired crowds. 

If we don't have a team that at least looks to be competitive I'm sure there will be quite a few fans that won't believe the price increase is justified. 

So the next announcements of riders will be crucial, if Chris has more signed up I think now is right time to tell us. If he hasn't got any more it's now becoming worrying. 

If some of the names being bandied about were to come on board I would certainly be picking and choosing the meetings I attend. 

Ipswich is a club that has a good size bunch of die hards, let's hope there are enough of them to see the season through. 

Then hopefully Chris or someone else will take the club back off Buster and move back down whilst the top league dissolves

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich is a club that has a good size bunch of die hards, let's hope there are enough of them to see the season through. 

Then hopefully Chris or someone else will take the club back off Buster and move back down whilst the top league dissolves

The top league will not dissolve, buster will never allow that.

• Like 1

How about they go with...

Tungate, Nicholls & Michelsen? 

Michelsen rode well against top riders in the EURO so could perhaps become a no.1 as the season progresses, what average would he be?

2 hours ago, acef said:

The top league will not dissolve, buster will never allow that.

Judging by his record, so far, as The Man in Charge at the BSPA,  it will likely crumble beneath his feet while he's looking around believing that the is on top of things!

• Like 1