British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

As far as I am aware Peterborough speedway has received no more cash from Buster than Ipswich have.

And the Nicholls transfer did not complete with Horton receiving and keeping half the agreed fee if my sauces are correct... Tomato, Brown, Worcester and their mate May O'Naisse

10 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’d be very very surprised if tungate signs for us even though we own him.  

NO one "owns" him ... speedway riders aren't slaves

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hyperwitch2003 said:

Rider rumour time

Matej Zagar anybody

matej said he would only ride for b/vue if he ever returned to England !!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

matej said he would only ride for b/vue if he ever returned to England !!

So if he fancied a UK return and made himself available only for Belle Vue to say no thanks do you think he would say 'oh well never mind' and just sit out the season?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Ok. Holds his U.K. registration then. 

If there is such a thing not worth the paper but is written on. Legally riders are free to ride for whoever they wish. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

If there is such a thing not worth the paper but is written on. Legally riders are free to ride for whoever they wish. 

Dont think many (if any) disagree Phil but just stating the current (albeit unsatisfactory) situation as it is

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So if he fancied a UK return and made himself available only for Belle Vue to say no thanks do you think he would say 'oh well never mind' and just sit out the season?

yes like as done for the last 3 years he will only ride for b/vue if he returns ? until he rides for anyone else your point is pointless come back to me when he signs in england for anyone else :party:

IF Zagar was offered a good deal worth his while he would ride wherever that was....gullible to think otherwise 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, geoff58 said:

yes like as done for the last 3 years he will only ride for b/vue if he returns ? until he rides for anyone else your point is pointless come back to me when he signs in england for anyone else :party:

So he has asked to ride every year and Belle Vue have turned him away?

Very much doubt that....

What I don;t understand that is if the Witches can't attract a big hitting number one then surely they have had a look at the budget and put aside a fixed amount for a number one, if they do not have a number one coming to the tapes yet other riders are currently sat on the fence because they have not been offered a great deal then surely the budget is there to snap up these riders even if it means paying more.

Tell me if I am wrong but if the budget is there but not going to be used for its purpose then surely Scott Nicholls can be offered an improved deal, at least that signing will be for an Ipswich lad and would put more bums on seats wanting to see Scott ride Foxhall in his twilight years,  I am sure Tungate won;t be offered anything to start the season in the UK unless it is Ipswich, so you then have a number one potentially on 3rd heat leader/2nd string money... because simply he has to take what is offered or not earn a wage in the UK... so the witches are in a strong position to negotiate not being able to have a number one.

Pretty sure that Guy will want the best for the club and if it means Tungate at this present time due to lack of options then he will be the bigger man and back the decision, then that leaves one rider to fill and perhaps Ty Proctor will be surplus to requirements at Lynn?

Still not the best team but should win 80% of the meetings at Foxhall, I hope that we see new blood buy into the club eventually and take it on

• Like 1

4good signings announced & the 5th is someone I believe can quickly become a fan favourite”

From Ritchie Hawkins Twitter. So we’ve signed a 5th at least..

That’s screaming David Bellego at me for some reason :unsure:

Him or garrity, but please let it be Bentzon or whatever his face is

Edited by Baldyman