British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Heat 14.... I have that on vhs somewhere and was trying to find it yesterday... 

I have found Ipswich highlights 1997 but not 1998 double vhs pack :blink:

29 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Heat 14.... I have that on vhs somewhere and was trying to find it yesterday... 

I have found Ipswich highlights 1997 but not 1998 double vhs pack :blink:

No titles since the vhs era

Thats when you realise how long its been!!

On 1/15/2019 at 6:30 AM, Arch Stanton said:

by my calculations that leaves 13.48 left for the last two

13.48 left confirmed in today’s speedway Star. Going to be tricky finding two heatleaders with that. More likely one heatleader (if we’re lucky), and another 5-6 point second string :unsure:

Louis says he hopes to complete the team “over the next couple of weeks”, so still no heatleader signed. Also concedes it’s been tough going. 

No sh!t :lol:

Edited by Arch Stanton

How 13.48? So no reductions for King or Lawson then?

Allen 4.56
Heeps 4.72
Kp  6.5
King 6.36
Lawson 6.55

Leaves 13.81

No reductions for either King or Lawson leaves 13.48

But Lawson rode for Redcar in 3rd tier in 08. Kung rode in 3rd tier 01-06

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

How 13.48? So no reductions for King or Lawson then?

Allen 4.56
Heeps 4.72
Kp  6.5
King 6.36
Lawson 6.55

Leaves 13.81

No reductions for either King or Lawson leaves 13.48

But Lawson rode for Redcar in 3rd tier in 08. Kung rode in 3rd tier 01-06

I mean in truth while the extra points allowance could be handy, equally the rule is in place to aid younger Brit’s progression in attaining places in higher leagues as apposed to overacted foreigners!

In giving riders who last rode in the 3rd tier 10 & 12 years ago a reduction to aid them getting team places surely that’s stifling the young lads just as much as foreigners, it’s should be in place for young brits in each of their first 3 seasons in champ and first 3 seasons in prem perhaps

58 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I mean in truth while the extra points allowance could be handy, equally the rule is in place to aid younger Brit’s progression in attaining places in higher leagues as apposed to overacted foreigners!

In giving riders who last rode in the 3rd tier 10 & 12 years ago a reduction to aid them getting team places surely that’s stifling the young lads just as much as foreigners, it’s should be in place for young brits in each of their first 3 seasons in champ and first 3 seasons in prem perhaps

As there is no clarity over what the rule is, it is hard to tell what it is for.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, arnieg said:

As there is no clarity over what the rule is, it is hard to tell what it is for.

Totally agree

If they dont qualify then it possibly affects Ipswich less as we are yet to finalise the team

Imagine if you have your 1-7 sorted and then the reductions are restrospectively not ratified........ :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Totally agree

If they dont qualify then it possibly affects Ipswich less as we are yet to finalise the team

Imagine if you have your 1-7 sorted and then the reductions are restrospectively not ratified........ :)

As long as it's not

Oh it's only Ipswich we'll do what we like with them :unsure:

52 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Totally agree

Curious suggestion......! Couldn’t possibly think who you mean!? Be a laugh tho wouldn’t it :rofl: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And now is so infactuated he wont consider anywhere other than BV..... :)

we all know that riders are self employed and will ride wherever it suits them, but at the PCMT when interviewed he did say BelleVue are the only club he would ride for if he ever rode in our shores again, his words not the fans.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)

This is what was published after the agm, no mention of how recently they should have ridden in the ndl

12 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)

This is what was published after the agm, no mention of how recently they should have ridden in the ndl

A press release quote and what ends up in the regs dont always match up

It wouldnt be the first time things have been tweaked

Of course not knowing exactly what the intention was in the first place or what the position actually is now anyway makes it impossible to know if it has been altered

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Totally agree

Nothing by BSPA today in the way of the daily news updates. Is there a meeting going on? Could this be one of the subjects under discussion......??

34 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

But what year did the "NDL" start? are saying its anytime in the 3rd tier or maybe the "Conference" league or "national "leagues dont count?