British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

19 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I think that’s a bit unfair - Chris Harris has been nothing but 100% full commitment wherever and whoever he’s ridden for his whole career. You will not find a more committed rider that never gives up in a race, never knows when he’s beaten

I agree with with that. Chris has always been one of my favourite riders and the only rider brave enough to come out and address the crowd at the disastrous opening meeting at the NSS. Unfortunately, he is now at the wrong end of his career and struggles to produce high scores on a regular basis.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I think that’s a bit unfair - Chris Harris has been nothing but 100% full commitment wherever and whoever he’s ridden for his whole career. You will not find a more committed rider that never gives up in a race, never knows when he’s beaten

I think there’s plenty of Glasgow fans who would disagree with you there..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I agree with with that. Chris has always been one of my favourite riders and the only rider brave enough to come out and address the crowd at the disastrous opening meeting at the NSS. Unfortunately, he is now at the wrong end of his career and struggles to produce high scores on a regular basis.

Exactly, I wouldn’t dispute in any way he’s at the tail end of his career an not at the same level of a few years ago but to say he’s just turning up for a pay cheque is being his character into question and imo a misjudgment to suggest this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Nicholls and Proctor

Or 

Harris and Bellego... ?

If that’s the only choice, definitely the latter for me. 

Those the highest possible pairings.

Imo Harris and Nicholls would score the same at Foxhall.

Proctor would outscore Bellego. It's the home scores that matters for the Witches supporters.  

10 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Nicholls and Proctor

Or 

Harris and Bellego... ?

Both would see us finish bottom, so would have to go with better home pairing since 99.7 fans only watch at home.  So  first pairing.  I might go once or twice, but no more than that 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think there’s plenty of Glasgow fans who would disagree with you there..

Bus loads! We tried to hunt him in May but couldnt find a replacement. Infuriating watching his lack of effort for us then pull off heroics for Poole.

• Like 4

Whenever I've watched Bomber he's always given 110%, and I've seen him loads.

Think in reality Ipswich are never gonna win the Premiership title, just glad we have got speedway in Ipswich and hope for an entertaining team 

• Like 1

So do we think perhaps CL had his preferred team chosen, took it to buster who said ??

In view of Peterborough's news, it's possible surely?

2 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

Should have stayed in the Championship and not sold out to ruddy Chapman.

Sadly I think both Ipswich and Peterborough fans will be saying the same - it is all about saving the PL and the tv deal with BT - only in speedway could you have one man effectively owning 3 clubs in a 7 team league . 

• Like 4

On 1/19/2019 at 7:17 PM, 89buttons said:

The big downside with Harris is the "he never knows" statement especially at the start of the season, he never knows how to get his bikes set up, he never knows any other excuse other than im struggling for speed and don't know why and he never knows any other response when he has an early mechanical failure but to put his hand out and say i need more money. 

Come play off time i suspect he will deliver but sadly as a guest and not the team he signs for. 

• Like 4

With all due respect when Chris Harris is being banded about for elite league number 1 you know your in trouble. 10yrs ago yeah I’d get it. 

• Like 4

Arch Stanton - that's bang on in my humble opinion as a non Witch. I think both Ipswich and Peterborough would be better in CL; especially when you consider the more competitive CL set up, which despite losing Workington (sadly) has 2 new and positive recruits in my team Birmingham and also Eastbourne.

My views are-:

The thought of a 14 team CL with Ipswich and Peterborough in it and with Workington still going plus the 2 newcomers would be as near as "salivating in anticipation" as we have had in League Speedway for a decade or so.

I can't help and think and fear that a 7 team PL is simply not going to work, I just hope BT Sport stick around though as surely the penny has got to click at some point - a 16 - 18 Team League (combining CL and PL) home and away once each with 40 point limit, no doubling up and telling the Poles and Swedes that we will be racing 7 days a week so that Sunday / Tuesday tracks can be part of a BRITISH LEAGUE. Who knows we may even get some decent Sponsors back!

• Like 5

Could not agree with you more HGould well said the sooner the British Speedway Authorities listen to the real speedway supporters the better chance of this amazing sport of ours surviving.