British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

On 1/10/2019 at 12:40 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Just read the Speedway Star and I wouldn’t read much in to Lawson starting at number 1. Seems a bit of a nothing piece really and just says unless Ipswich sign a “heavyweight” who didn’t ride in the UK last season, he COULD be fighting it out for the number 1 berth. They don’t seem to have any clue like the rest of us. 

Interestingly, Tungate says in the Star there could be a possibility “in the next few days” of something happening in the Premiership, with only Kings Lynn and Ipswich spots available. 

Yes we know it was very unlikely he would return to Ipswich for various reasons that I won’t go in to on here, but just maybe they’ve got to the point where we’re going to have to take him on because we have no other choice?

Really can’t see him rocking up at Lynn

Yes..you dont bite the hand that feeds u......

Anyone got some dye that will turn red and black kevlars into blue and white if so please contact Mr Chapman as hes desperate to save a few quid on not having to buy another set. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

my guess it’s Harris and Jorgensen 

That's the fist time iv'e heard TJ's name in the frame. I know you said "guess" but is it very educated ;)

• Like 1

It’s just a guess. My theory is if iversen wasn’t riding in the U.K. he would have made a announcement before now. So that leads me to presume that’s at Lynn. I don’t think Lynn can fit iversen Riss and proctor in so I’m guessing it might e Jorgensen as his ave fits and he is pretty decent at Ipswich. 

• Like 1

TJ ia a good call Jason,, liked by the promotion and is okay at Foxhall

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It’s just a guess. My theory is if iversen wasn’t riding in the U.K. he would have made a announcement before now. So that leads me to presume that’s at Lynn. I don’t think Lynn can fit iversen Riss and proctor in so I’m guessing it might e Jorgensen as his ave fits and he is pretty decent at Ipswich. 

Theres a few on here that seem confident NKI ain't doing the UK, but who knows.. Not long to wait now. Will there be a loan fee :wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

32 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If Niels is at Lynn we would have to lose at least two riders TJ and Kerr would be my choice which would then give us 4.13 for our last reserve. 

I think your theory could be spot on.

Bountiful Buster will provide

17 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

If Niels is at Lynn we would have to lose at least two riders TJ and Kerr would be my choice which would then give us 4.13 for our last reserve. 

I think your theory could be spot on.

If that was the case, Kasper who averaged 2.55 in 2018 and a 4.13 rider would be weak at reserve. wouldn't of thought Lynn would have Kasper who is till on his assessed 4 average who did 2.55 last season. I would go Lambert on a 3 which would leave 5.13. Maybe 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Tweet from Nicholls: "Ha it’s not me, I’ve not been not contacted."

3 minutes ago, norbold said:

Tweet from Nicholls: "Ha it’s not me, I’ve not been not contacted."

Ah, is that some cryptic message that he HAS been contacted then :D

• Like 1