British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Be quite sad if Scotty doesn't get a team place in the Prem after his many years of loyal service to British Speedway....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Be quite sad if Scotty doesn't get a team place in the Prem after his many years of loyal service to British Speedway....

He is a 6.4 point rider, these days. I don't know what money he would need, but if it was in line with his average I can't see why he ain't got a team tbh. With Ippo the Fav's 

• Like 1

I have always disliked calling Harris "bomber" after a "hero" who advocated mass civilian bombing (Dresden) & could (if for opposition) be called a "war criminal"...but still; he's British!!

Edited by Icicle

I wonder whose choice that was. Confirms who is pulling the management strings. Sad that it has reached this state. A bit like politicians no one will believe what CL and co say ever again. They sold out and let down most witches fans.

• Like 1

Oh dear...... Looks like my bank account will be better off by £18 a week this year! 

If that is so then it's a Championship side in the Premier League. One more step towards One Big league in reality.

• Like 1

Hard to disagree. It’s ok for those to say “use it or lose it” but it has to be a two way thing. They have to provide something worthwhile for the fans to pay their entrance fee and an increased one at that. They can’t expect supporters to just turn up out of blind loyalty. 

I hope I’m wrong, but this very much seems like a team on a par with our last “Elite” league team where fans finally lost patience and voted with their feet. That season nearly killed the club stone dead until we were rescued by the second tier. 

It’s certainly not as good as Peterborough’s team and I suspect, will be nowhere near Lynn’s either. At least Buster has been true to his word, he really does hate us doesn’t he :rolleyes:

We have to give the team a chance of course we do, and the team might actually do OK at home, but looking through the home and away averages, we seem to have collected a group that are absolutely dreadful away from the comforts of their home circuit. 

We’ll get some right batterings on the road. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1