British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

I don't think this side is that bad, for me much depends on King (back from injury) and Pieszczek. If they go well then Ipswich will be fine.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The track has been poor for a while. They’ve worked hard on the shape and IMO there’s nothing wrong with the shape whatsoever. But this is a problem that doesn’t seem exclusive to us these days. 

Plenty of fans on here have been moaning about the tracks at their clubs and the subsequent lack of entertainment, even tracks that have a reputation of always producing good racing in the past.

Louis recently said that today’s bikes have changed so much in the way they handle and perform compared to the machines he used to race, that when he’s ridden them they’re “not for him”. 

I wonder if this is a factor in the way tracks are prepared these days making them slicker and therefore easier to ride?

You also have the problem that you’ll never get 7 riders that want the track set up in the same way. Half will ask for plenty of grip and half will want it slick so what gives?

Impossible to keep everyone happy and it must be tricky trying to find the right balance. 

I think the way most of the tracks have to be prepared to suit today’s machinery is the biggest problem regarding lack of entertainment these days .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

I wouldn’t read to much in to what you saw at Wolves last year. Heeps came back last year very poorly prepared and it showed in his performances. He was also damn lucky he didn’t get the chop at Ipswich as well as Wolves and if he had, he couldn’t have had any complaints. 

I think his close relationship with those at the club kept him in a job and he was a lucky boy. 

But, we know he’s far far better than that and that first half of the season was the worst we’ve seen him in the half dozen or so years he’s been over here. 

Slowly throughout the year he got his fitness back and got himself in racing shape. It SHOULD have happened at the very beginning and he was totally unprofessional. But he got there in the end and his scoring returned to the standards we’re used to seeing and if Wolves had hung on to him (and I don’t blame them for sacking him) then they’d have seen an improvement too. 

We’re hearing that he’s taken a much better approach this winter, kept himself fit and active and that’s good to hear. We’re going to need him to be a potent force at reserve alongside Allen and I think the pair of them will forge a very good partnership down at the bottom end. 

Think at least 1 if not both reserves will be in the 1 to 5 soon ish, with the French dude defo dropping into reserve

• Like 2

Anyone know if buster or ged  are free i need some trousers taking up ! , look forward to seeing louis on tv as the unexpected star of the show as best comedy act for " as soon as i heard harris was available i was on the phone" they must think people are mugs .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think at least 1 if not both reserves will be in the 1 to 5 soon ish, with the French dude defo dropping into reserve

Possibly, and we’ll still be strong at reserve. Could even be the Polish chap if it takes him a while to get used to Foxhall. 

I quite like Bellego. Inconsistent definitely, that’s why he’s a 6 pointer, but he can produce some eye catching performances as well. 

I don’t see Bellego dropping his average, so even if he stays 6-6.5 then if he drops to reserve the other two will have upped their game dramatically. 

Reserve is one area of the team where we’re going to be sound. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone know if buster or ged  are free i need some trousers taking up ! , look forward to seeing louis on tv as the unexpected star of the show as best comedy act for " as soon as i heard harris was available i was on the phone" they must think people are mugs .

I wasn’t expecting anything else..

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bets being taken upon when Jake Allen ends up at number 1? Or what stage of the season Harris ends up at reserve?

Id settle for Allen improving to an 8 point average and Harris at reserve with a 7 point average - would be a good season ;):P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

No point having a track like the start of 2018 when it was gate and go if our riders are not "gating tarts" 

Lawson?:(

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Id settle for Allen improving to an 8 point average and Harris at reserve with a 7 point average - would be a good season ;):P

Very impressive how you can post that whilst you are asleep and dreaming  :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Well 1 out of 7.....:blink:

Don't tell me Heeps isn't a gating tart now that he's signed for us!!

And you'll be looking to sign Sedgy again after a month.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

And you'll be looking to sign Sedgy again after a month.

Isnt swearing against forum rules? ;):P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If the riders don't come last, they won't lose any meetings - perhaps that will be the tactic.  Can't see Harris lasting long at No.1 and really surprised he's not at Lynn as he does quite well there I think.  Disappointed that some British riders are again being left out of teams in Britain in favour of those from overseas, at least Harris has a Premiership team now.

Ipswich will likely be easy targets away from Foxhall.  But it is speedway, so who knows how it will pan out.