British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

37 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I do not see Ipswich as being the ideal track for Harris

No reason why not.  Belle Vue ought to suit him but he's no good there either.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I do not see Ipswich as being the ideal track for Harris

Harris done ok at Foxhall last year. Wasn’t brilliant, but he isn’t brilliant anywhere these days. 

The problem this team has is heat winners. I can see plenty of second and thirds and few last places particularly at home, but there doesn’t look anywhere near enough heat winners there. 

I can see many many 1-5 reverses in heats 13 and 15. That’s an 8 point swing in the scores in the last 3 heats and that’s where we’re going to have a big problem IMO. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You obviously cant see or are not prepared to accept that responsibility may lay with Ged......

No I can't and don't

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

No I can't and don't

There are none so blind as those that will not see.....:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You obviously cant see or are not prepared to accept that responsibility may lay with Ged......

May being the operative word.

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

May being the operative word.

Deliberately chosen as unless you were a first hand party to the conversations there will always be some element of doubt

I am however content with my belief of the true situation on the balance of probability 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Deliberately chosen as unless you were a first hand party to the conversations there will always be some element of doubt

I am however content with my belief of the true situation on the balance of probability 

That's the trouble as I've previously stated , it's not the lie's  , it's the untold truth's.

• Like 1

Maybe all that has gone on is a trial run for team squads. East Anglian teams sharing the Chapman preferred riders with media and management centrally controlled by numero one. No one believes any press release let alone the cobblers involving the aging Mr Harris. CL probably did get fed up with the way things had worked out in the lower division and decided to drop out of being responsible for the Witches but sadly if the pre season shenanigans is a foretaste of what is to come, then that is it.

Surely it is time for those promoters who really believe in the sport to make a stand and form a break away branch. While it may be too late for the East Anglian teams who knows what could come out of a rival authority with a vision to take the sport forward.

Nothing on the team building front or the press releases are likely to entice new supporters or win back those who have drifted away having found other things to do on a Thursday evening. The golden era of the Ipswich speedway is long gone and possibly as a form of entertainment it is now past the sell by date.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There are none so blind as those that will not see.....:)

Unfortunately that's your good self on this one. My negative friend is correct :D

• Like 1

People on here seem to think the Premiership is a strong league!

Compare this team to the Poole team last season and there’s not a lot of difference.

****Sneaks in*****  I like Chris Harris *****Sneaks out again****

Thinks better of it and sneaks back in again...

I'm not sure what to think, I like Chris, he gave me one of the most exciting nights ever (now now, I mean his win at Cardiff!) but I am not sure the balance is quite right. However,  there have been years where I have thought we would really get somewhere and didn't and other years where I thought we wouldn't and did so my track record is not exactly brilliant.

Personally I think my brain is still stuck on the suddenness of the move up and it is struggling to see past that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I keep forgetting we HAVE moved up Sue! I keep looking at our line up and thinking we’ve got a cracking Championship team and have a great chance of lifting silverware  :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Looking at the 2 leaugues it’s hard too figure which one is “top up wages” for the riders who have 2 teams.

• Like 1

what happens at the end of the season when sorry if Ipswich have a bad season  and finish bottom crowds down  do you move back down or will buster keep you up or buy poole  as matt ford wants to sell ?