British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Although I’ve not been to foxhall for about 4 years and lost touch with the sport over the years I think number one priority is that we have speedway in my home town. We always have had one of the best supported teams home and away BUT also have the most fickle supporters who will moan about anything and everything. The season hasn’t even started yet and the riders who are going to wear the famous witch on their chests are already being slagged off. Get behind the team if it’s at foxhall or on social media etc who knows they might surprise the doubters me personally think we have a team of racers and hopefully if circumstances permit will make it to a few meetings this year.

now waiting to be slagged off myself for my post...........

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I do not see Ipswich as being the ideal track for Harris

He rode pretty good when he rode against us last Season...apart from his first ride, then he done well from memory

Don't forget its not always the best teams on paper that win cups....just ask Mildenhall last Season and Ipswich a while back, looked great and then got injured and got nothing...its all to play for !

Sometimes staying un-injured come play offs is all that really matters, and in between hopefully some entertaining matches 

• Like 1

I just can't can't stop thinking that the team sucks. Harris sucks as a number 1, the French bloke will suck at Foxhall, and we have at least 2 of the leagues worst gaters,, which at Foxhall isn't the best thing. Don't see where many heat advantages will come from apart from heat 2.

On a more positive note, a couple of the other teams don't exactly look top class either. 

5 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Has anyone looked at our teams averages then? 0.41 over the limit???

Reduction apllies for Harris Lawson and King

• Like 1

Well, for what it's worth, I like it - then I always have... 

1st meeting of the season 

Away Sat 23rd Challenge match Vs Leicester 

Return leg on Thur 28th March 

No Good Friday meetings according this Ipswich Speedway website Fixture list  ?

10 minutes ago, Laobob said:

Belle Vue at home on the day before Good Friday. Really not getting that at all tbh ...

Can’t believe there is no Witches v Stars and Stars v Witches fixtures on Good Friday that for me was the one thing I thought for certain would happen- missed opportunity I think 

28 minutes ago, Laobob said:

12 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Belle Vue at home on the day before Good Friday. Really not getting that at all tbh ...

Just now, Haza said:

Can’t believe there is no Witches v Stars and Stars v Witches fixtures on Good Friday that for me was the one thing I thought for certain would happen- missed opportunity I think 

Fixed race days

Friday is Championship day

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fixed race days

Friday is Championship day

It was the same in 2018 & a couple of teams rode on the Friday. No Championship teams rode on the Monday so, this year, why are Poole v Swindon TBC possibly allowed Good Friday.