British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

At least we are starting with a couple of challenge matches this season, finally!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

It was the same in 2018 & a couple of teams rode on the Friday. No Championship teams rode on the Monday so, this year, why are Poole v Swindon TBC possibly allowed Good Friday.

CL gets preference i assume,and as much as 9 riders would be missing from the Ipswich/Kings Lynn teams on the Friday,so good call.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

CL gets preference i assume,and as much as 9 riders would be missing from the Ipswich/Kings Lynn teams on the Friday,so good call.

I don't know about nine riders but Ipswich would be without King, Lawson, Allen and Heeps.

12 minutes ago, tocha said:

I don't know about nine riders but Ipswich would be without King, Lawson, Allen and Heeps.

Pretty sure Lynn could be without 4 if not 5 on that day. We will see in the coming weeks :wink:

Edited by tellboy

30 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

And still no comment from Harris about him joining the Witches... or have I missed it?

He was on radio Suffolk in the week, cant remember which day though. Didn't say much about situation just the usual happy to be joining Witches blah blah. 

Being a Ipswich fan myself I would ask aII of the people that it would be a good idea to stop all these negative posts regarding the team etc and save any negative posts until the season has started then we will all be in a better position to judge based on the teams performance.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Susans1 said:

Being a Ipswich fan myself I would ask aII of the people that it would be a good idea to stop all these negative posts regarding the team etc and save any negative posts until the season has started then we will all be in a better position to judge based on the teams performance.

Some of us don't do censorship, especially on a public forum  :nono:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Susans1 said:

10 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Some of us don't do censorship, especially on a public forum  :nono:

I understand Susans sentiment. I agree that we need to give the team the chance - I dont think it is as adrift of the others as many are predicting and cant understand the level of negativity

I do however think Blu is right in that you shouldnt expect people to not post their genuine thoughts. I dont think those posting negatively are doing so just for the sake of it (even Baldy ;))  - they are honest opinions which should always be welcome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe people should refrain from positive posts about the team, at least give the lads a chance to prove how poor they are:rofl:

Seriously though, nothing worse than people telling others what they should be doing. 

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I understand Susans sentiment. I agree that we need to give the team the chance - I dont think it is as adrift of the others as many are predicting and cant understand the level of negativity

I do however think Blu is right in that you shouldnt expect people to not post their genuine thoughts. I dont think those posting negatively are doing so just for the sake of it (even Baldy ;))  - they are honest opinions which should always be welcome

You certainly shouldn't be to far adrift of King's Lynn anyway. Will be a top quality wooden spoon battle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Susans1 said:

I think it is a bit much to refer to it as a team given that it is no more than a bunch of individuals with no loyalty or local knowledge or upbringing riding under the Ipswich Witches banner. Even Harris whinges that he had to start finding new sponsors having lined up a few around Peterborough and is possibly in transit. Most witches fans were able to support and follow local home grown talent and more recently rely on the Louis family to be the back bone of Ipswich speedway. That last remaining foundation has gone so expect criticism from here on in given that someone north of the border has got his hands on Suffolk’s number one team. Sad to say that the frequency of home meetings has not improved and the golden days of weekly speedway at the Heath are just history and will be no more as long as the farce of two leagues carries on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Agreed Hawk127 speedway teams now need to be built around the Eastbourne model - 3 heat leaders (higher average riders) and the rest as local as you can get.

35 minutes ago, GWC said:

Agreed Hawk127 speedway teams now need to be built around the Eastbourne model - 3 heat leaders (higher average riders) and the rest as local as you can get.

The season hasn’t started yet.