British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

He might have been a scrambler but he was also a grasstracker. I remember reading an article in the Speedway Express that he wrote about riders charging the tapes. He was suggesting that speedway should adopt the grasstrack rules whereby you were excluded for touching the tapes.

I think I'm showing my age.

To paraphrase = he may have been a grasstracker, but he was most certainly a local scramble star when John Berry asked him if he would like to ride for Ipswich.

Well, fortnight today we’ll hear the roar of the bikes around the Heath again as it’s press and practice day. 

The season is nearly upon us and I’m really looking forward to it. 

• Like 4

Is the diner still open at lunchtime? 

Only way to get in to the practise past couple of years

Two weeks until the new season and the anticipation should be building, but for me, with the Witches in the wrong league, now owned by Chapman, (a remarkable man really who took over the running of a sport on it's knees and has dragged it even lower, a man who I wouldn't trust to run a school lollipop crossing during half term) with a mediocre, uninspiring side, I have zero enthusiasm for the new season. Will I be going? About as likely as the likelihood of the town's embarrassment of a football team avoiding relegation.

• Like 3

Weather looks fine for Monday’s P&P so that’s handy. Riders can get a few good laps in and the new lads can gain some valuable experience of their new home track. 

Can remember the last few P&P’ have been a washout. 

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Weather looks fine for Monday’s P&P so that’s handy. Riders can get a few good laps in and the new lads can gain some valuable experience of their new home track. 

Can remember the last few P&P’ have been a washout. 

Hope it stays dry for the riders and fans alike, and you enjoy the sound of bikes  warming up after the lay off..Music to ya ears:)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Decent 3rd place for Danny today at Ben fund meeting, anyone have any ideas why Lawson pulled out?

• Like 1

Press and Practice will herald the return of the Witches to the top table

Looking forward to some outstanding action and pictures that will make all around the country take note :t:

• Like 4

Smart but Ipswich have almost got rid of their blue?