British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, Icicle said:

Prob just for that meeting as its is a "weakened" team in a challenge

I reckon your right, Danny and camo never worked that well as a pairing - often fighting for the same piece of track on the outside

2 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Looking forward to getting a first glimpse of the new set up myself......I used to get het up about which type of meeting it was, now I am just happy to see some speedway after months of being shut in !

Not really sure why, cos I used to totally mad for it,, going home and away for a couple of decades,,, but for some reason I just lost interest, which is a shame cos it was my life. 

35 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Not really sure why, cos I used to totally mad for it,, going home and away for a couple of decades,,, but for some reason I just lost interest, which is a shame cos it was my life. 

You are not alone, i fear there are many more in the shadows who just stopped going ...

Plus the "buster" feeling around....does not help. Meanwhile thanks to "bidet" maybe the rest of the country is beginning to understand how we Speedway fans feel every season (will we be here..etc)

2 hours ago, Icicle said:

Prob just for that meeting as its is a "weakened" team in a challenge

Just for the challenge? :wink:

Looks pretty weak full stop.

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Feel exactly the same. Can count on both hands the number of home meeting's I've missed since '72, but interest has waned a little these last couple of years and last year was the first since '72 that I didn't take in at least one away meeting somewhere. Six months now since the last home meeting and really should be counting down the hours until the first meeting but I have no desire to go. Partially due I think to the poor racing at Ipswich these days, despite commendable efforts to improve the circuit, but mostly due to the totally Micky Mouse league we find ourselves in and the farcical new ownership situation.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It was indeed " my life" too for many years but it seems to have lost so much intensity and pull in recent years. I think part of that loss of interest is due to the feeling of" Oh no! I can't believe that, why are they doing that " about changes in how the sport is run and the decisions taken by promoters on what they lay before the fans as a show.

It seems as if I have - finally - seen through it! Regardless of what the "it's fabulous racing now, as good as ever" it is much more predictable ( after the first half a lap ) than ever and so much more processional judging by what I have witnessed in recent years. Hardly worth watching and not much to get excited about ( before or after watching it! ) My clapometer and roarometer still work but are hardly used nowadays. I will be going when dragged along by an old friend from years ago when he comes to town - whose enthusiasm has not yet dimmed to such an extent of mine. I don't think that it is growing "older" as one or two posters have suggested to me but more that the excitement of an average match has just about vanished. Speedway racing UK style has sadly lost it's thrill and ability to rouse - it's siren song has fallen to a whisper. Can't wait for the GPs though!

• Like 2

Good luck tonight lads at the tricky Leicester track. Stay safe and blow those cobwebs away.

• Like 2

Think the Hippo fans will still have more interest in watching young Kemp than KP at the moment anyway

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

First fixture and first guest that dont help get people along does it !!

Drew is Ipswich born and bred and an Ipswich asset - Witches fans see him of one of us and would never be regarded as a guest

Also its an inter league challenge where these types of tweaks are often made anyway to even things up

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Its funny cos people moan when Ippo go into a nee Season  without a warm up, then when the promotion puts the effort into get the lads ready other people deride it and say they aint going...you just can't win.

Everyones entitled to their opinion but why spoil it for everyone else...just don't help speedway does it ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

It was indeed " my life" too for many years but it seems to have lost so much intensity and pull in recent years. I think part of that loss of interest is due to the feeling of" Oh no! I can't believe that, why are they doing that " about changes in how the sport is run and the decisions taken by promoters on what they lay before the fans as a show.

It seems as if I have - finally - seen through it! Regardless of what the "it's fabulous racing now, as good as ever" it is much more predictable ( after the first half a lap ) than ever and so much more processional judging by what I have witnessed in recent years. Hardly worth watching and not much to get excited about ( before or after watching it! ) My clapometer and roarometer still work but are hardly used nowadays. I will be going when dragged along by an old friend from years ago when he comes to town - whose enthusiasm has not yet dimmed to such an extent of mine. I don't think that it is growing "older" as one or two posters have suggested to me but more that the excitement of an average match has just about vanished. Speedway racing UK style has sadly lost it's thrill and ability to rouse - it's siren song has fallen to a whisper. Can't wait for the GPs though!

I can't wait for GPs either.,,snd I think your comments are spot on on why.. I also maybe think I've changed as a person. 

Edited by Baldyman