British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

Once the squad is declared you can't change it, surely it's better to have a half-fit rider than no rider.

But my point is only 3 of the 5 squad riders will be riding in Manchester on Saturday and bomber will likely not be one of them fit or not fit! So would make little difference taking a break now for a week or two to properly rest his hand so it can heal!

The final in Russia isn’t until July 20th so plenty of time to be fit and ready for that meeting should rosco decide to call on him.

i’d have thought the only way bomber is to be picked for the finals is if his form in the next month or two is phenomenal so riding injured and scoring 1 point at home isn't doing much for his cause! 

Craig cook qualified for the grand prix in Togliatti so I firmly expect him to be in the 3 with woffy and lambert having had success on the track previously.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

I wasn't aware of that. Apologies for being wrong.

I also wasn’t aware of this! I thought that was the point of a 5 man squad for a 3 man event?

25 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I also wasn’t aware of this! I thought that was the point of a 5 man squad for a 3 man event?

FMNs shall nominate a squad up to 3 seniors and 2 U21 Riders two weeks before Race off 1 mentioning who are the 2 seniors and 1 U21 Riders competing to the meeting. 2 weeks before the Final they can nominate only the Riders named in the squad. If there is an injury, it is allowed to nominate another Rider that was not in the squad.

This team is doing far better than I expected.   And it still has plenty of room for improvement 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

This team is doing far better than I expected.   And it still has plenty of room for improvement 

Completely agree, bellego still a bit of a worry for me but impressed with the team so far. And what is good to see is all 7 putting the effort in, that goes a long way for me too, I hate seeing riders pull up on the third lap when last etc.

really hope jakes shoulder injury isn’t too serious, Josh Bates should be a good guest at home on Monday 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I said at the start of the season that this team will shock a few teams. Last night proved one thing that Bellego & Pieszczek can't ride together. Big loss Jake missing Monday as he is number 1 in the averages this year.

• Like 2

Must admit I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen so far as well. 

So far generally we've been able to reasonably  cover the odd one or two having an off night, if they all click at the same we we be a very difficult team to beat especially at home. 

Just a shame that when the TV cameras are there on Monday night they won't be seeing the Massif in full voice. I believe there will be at least 7 or 8 of just us missing. 

I hope the TV money covers the lack of funds coming in from a reduced crowd! 

If they had done something similar to Swindon (buy one get one free entry) or a reduced price (maybe a tenner) they would have a much bigger attendance to impress the box watchers. 

As it is a Golden ticket for one lucky person to win £500 is not incentive enough for me to attend. I'll save my £18 and be watching from my sofa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash said:

I said at the start of the season that this team will shock a few teams. Last night proved one thing that Bellego & Pieszczek can't ride together. Big loss Jake missing Monday as he is number 1 in the averages this year.

On current form Jake is probably your top rider. But he remains on his 4.67 average which would be a nightmare trying to find a suitable guest.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

On current form Jake is probably your top rider. But he remains on his 4.67 average which would be a nightmare trying to find a suitable guest.

Agreed. You obviously don’t want to see ANY rider injured, but in terms of the team, he’s the one we’re going to miss on track the most at the moment. 

Bates is a decent choice though so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on. 

• Like 2

I also agree that this team so far has surprised many and long may it continue.

However the riders determination to bring positive results does cloud over the shortcomings of the management, you rarely in speedway get a meeting where all 7 riders are on fire, so when doesn't happen it is down to the team manager to make the most of the riders that are doing well and that falls at the feet of the manager who sometimes does make some strange decisions and has cost the witches points - and yes we all make mistakes but are changes the basic fan can see.

Not sure I am a huge fan of the golf society, seems to make you a little immune from doing wrong but lets see how the season progresses.

Ipswich will be in finals if they hold out through injuries, Allen is happy and is sorted this year , big loss with him riding the esky ,hope it’s muscular and not serious ,bates is good replacement ,hard to replace his form as scorpians just found out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crumpet77 said:

Bates only scored one point for Leicester last night :o

I've never rated him as I think his style makes him high risk for falls and subsequent injuries but there's no doubt he can be successful on his day. 

Good to see Drew getting to grips with riding in the main body of the Sheffield side so early. A great 11 points including a pass on Kevin Doolan which is no mean feat around Berwick!

• Like 1