British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

It was said before the season started how woeful Harris and Bellego would be at Foxhall,,, 

7 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

And not only that, unlike Harris cook is actually consistently good on our home track!!

Sorry Buttons that's what i meant , around Foxhall Cook as we've seen in the past  on his day is nearly untouchable and would only get better if it was his home track. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No. Any rider that doesn’t start in the top flight from the Championship has there average with a 1.5 deduction. New ruling this year with the deduction being lessened over the coming years. Another pointless and barmy rule.

Not quite. Its latest average Prem or Champs. If its Champs to Prem its divided by 1.5 (or Prem to Champ times 1.5). Over the next few seasons it will go 1.6,1.7 etc until it hits 2. Meaning doubling down riders will be very unattractive but riders who hold off signing for a top flight side, start the year in Champs only can sign after the first set of averages on bargain figures so last bit spot on pointless and barmy and will be dropped after next year. 

37 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Well i would definitely make a double change cook and kennett maybe???

Cook and kennett would be good but Kennett would be 6.93 so only rider other than Harris he could come in for currently is Lawson average wise and he’s not someone that needs to go.

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not quite. Its latest average Prem or Champs. If its Champs to Prem its divided by 1.5 (or Prem to Champ times 1.5). Over the next few seasons it will go 1.6,1.7 etc until it hits 2. Meaning doubling down riders will be very unattractive but riders who hold off signing for a top flight side, start the year in Champs only can sign after the first set of averages on bargain figures so last bit spot on pointless and barmy and will be dropped after next year. 

Nearly right then! 

It’s a ridiculous attempt at trying to fix a long term issue . That said surely a rider that ends the season in a team in the Premiership and starts the following season in the Premiership will keep his established top flight average? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nearly right then! 

It’s a ridiculous attempt at trying to fix a long term issue . That said surely a rider that ends the season in a team in the Premiership and starts the following season in the Premiership will keep his established top flight average? 

That would make sense and will be the case however the room for exploitation is there. In a few seasons the conversion rate will be 2. A decent rider finishes the season with a Prem average of 7 and Champ Average of 8. The following season the rider can either be signed at the start of the year into the Prem on a 7 average again or sign Champ only, wait to the 1st set of averages to be released and be available on a bargain 4.  

• Like 3

We basically have the level of Nicholls to play with,,, must be far better out there than Pickering 

But in answer to your question John,, 4.24

Edited by Baldyman

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

We basically have the level of Nicholls to play with,,, must be far better out there than Pickering 

I’m not actually sure there is! From what I can from those available currently in championship and not doubling up best options are Pickering, Douglas, Vissing, rasmus Jensen imo out of those I think I’d lean towards Douglas he’s always ridden Foxhall well!

the other option of course is someone not currently riding in the uk.... I think there would be a few options of riders at a similar grade to KP that could in theory come in on a 6.50 like he did..... but you’d have thought if they’re willing to commit now they would’ve been at the start of the year!!?? Prezdpelski maybe? 

Perhaps woryna or gomolski?

huckenbeck or smolinski?

porsing?

Realistically you’ve got to be looking at those available already riding here! 

Edited by 89buttons