British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

25 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I recon we will be sticking with what we have,,, I just get that feeling

I would think you’re right, in fairness to Chris Louis and Ipswich on the whole we’ve always been a club that’s loyal to our riders which is a positive trait not negative, riders are people trying to earn a living at the end of the day, but as fans we want to see success! It’s a tricky balance to find.

i guess the argument for sticking with the current crop is we were suggested to be wooden spoon candidates before the season kicked off and we’re top of the league having not really all fired yet and if anything have dropped points in both league and cup having been in with a shout of winning pretty much every meeting we’ve ridden thus far! 

Despite being an advocate for change I can also say I do think both bomber and barry are better riders than we’ve seen so far.

Unfortunately now I'm getting old and grumpy,,, I find as soon as the club stops trying it's best to be the best,,, I loose interest very quickly, and put my time and effort into my other interests.    

Every one is keeping quiet about it but did any one have the "Golden Ticket" bar Buster. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Every one is keeping quiet about it but did any one have the "Golden Ticket" bar Buster. :rolleyes:

It was shown on the television

Edited by Steve0

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

They did,, a very well known supporter of the club,, he even used to work in the programe kiosk when we had one. Very fitting.  A very nice chap that posts on here sometimes 

Edited by Baldyman

Why do some of you call Bellego Barry? Barry Island, Barry Evans, Barry Lee, ??

15 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It's, just a nickname that's stuck between a few of us,,,, it did start out as something a bit longer,,, but now it's just Barry.    

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Barry Bellend it used to be,,, now Barry for politeness 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

I would think you’re right, in fairness to Chris Louis and Ipswich on the whole we’ve always been a club that’s loyal to our riders which is a positive trait not negative, riders are people trying to earn a living at the end of the day, but as fans we want to see success! It’s a tricky balance to find.

i guess the argument for sticking with the current crop is we were suggested to be wooden spoon candidates before the season kicked off and we’re top of the league having not really all fired yet and if anything have dropped points in both league and cup having been in with a shout of winning pretty much every meeting we’ve ridden thus far! 

Despite being an advocate for change I can also say I do think both bomber and barry are better riders than we’ve seen so far.

Well put, I have to say after being at Peterborough last week the team seemed to have a real togetherness and determination that the home team couldn't match. 

I think we should enjoy the fact that we are 3 points clear at the top of the league and compost corner are bottom lol, let's enjoy it as long as it lasts and lets remember this fantastic start to the season gives us a great chance of making the play offs!

• Like 2

I have to agree with Baldyman here. You should never rest on your laurels and we clearly have a rider that is not up to the job. 

Peterborough have strengthened up already and you can bet your bottom dollar somebody will sign Cook in the not too distant future on a bargain average and they’ll suddenly look strong whoever it is. 

Things can change very quickly and you could easily be in the position at the end of the season saying what ifs. 

Too late then. Why not improve further if the opportunity is there to do so?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I have to agree with Baldyman here. You should never rest on your laurels and we clearly have a rider that is not up to the job. 

Peterborough have strengthened up already and you can bet your bottom dollar somebody will sign Cook in the not too distant future on a bargain average and they’ll suddenly look strong whoever it is. 

Things can change very quickly and you could easily be in the position at the end of the season saying what ifs. 

Too late then. Why not improve further if the opportunity is there to do so?

I do agree, Craig on a 7.00 at Foxhall is too good an opportunity to miss in my opinion, and I agree david is miles off at the moment and a change there could be good.

i guess in my earlier post I was merely saying down the years louis’ loyalty to riders is admirable while other teams without mentioning names seem to consistently chop and change for the sake of it and end up having had 12/13 riders by the end of the season

24 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I do agree, Craig on a 7.00 at Foxhall is too good an opportunity to miss in my opinion, and I agree david is miles off at the moment and a change there could be good.

i guess in my earlier post I was merely saying down the years louis’ loyalty to riders is admirable while other teams without mentioning names seem to consistently chop and change for the sake of it and end up having had 12/13 riders by the end of the season

The only argument I can make for not making a change, is that a lot has been made of a close knit group who have a great team spirit and they’re all helping each other and they don’t want to upset the applecart while things are going so well. 

• Like 1

Harris 2019 League  ave..... 4.00 

Home 2.50 Away 5.33

Whoever the rider is 2.50 for a home number 1 is not acceptable. not even acceptable for a reserve! 

But hang on a minute.....Thats for his meetings that will count to his average, what about the ones that dont count ?

If you look at the 6 matches in the Supporters Cup where his scores are not used for his average then its much more like a number 1

Home 7.73

Away 7.38

Total 7.57

Hmmmmmmmmm interesting... does enough in Cup matches to think he is worth keeping  but reduces aves in matches that count to drop his ave. 

Wonder if he will have a midseason shift of clubs again?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 3