British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Could we be about to drop Bellego? His name is mentioned in the belle Vue thread as a possibility for them. Thoughts? 

I’d be very surprised if we do.  He was signed as there are no other riders willing or suitable so I’m guessing he will stay. 

Ive been pleased with his efforts but obviously we need more points from him. 

How long is Erik Riss out for as he has been replaced at KL. He would fit in place of Bellego.

Pretty sure Riss will be going back in the team once he is fit. 

Bellego will be with us all season,, unless he picks up an unfortunate injury.

Unfortunately I only see one thing happening when Jake and Cam move up,, and that's us slowly making our way down the table. 

And if we miss out on the play off,,, it will be said it was a great season since everyone expected us to finish bottom. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Any news on when Jake Allen is expected back please

Some would be brilliant,,, but I'm sure nothing is being kept from the fans :o

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Some would be brilliant,,, but I'm sure nothing is being kept from the fans :o

Have Scunthorpe said anything?

Scunny have mentioned shoulder ligaments injury but that's about it as far as I can tell. More than we've been told! 

1 hour ago, Crumpet77 said:

Should only be 2-3 weeks for that

Hopefully won't be too long but I'm no medical expert, suppose its relevant to extent of damage. 

Ligaments can be a pain in the rear,,, shoulder injuries sometimes last forever going by my own experience. 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So Heeps and Allen stay at reserve for another month and Lawson takes over at number 1

Heeps and Allen - good news 

Lawson No1 - Hmmmm

Suppose it depends on how the rest of the top end line up is tweaked. Lawson has been doing pretty well trapping and winning from inside gates. Be interesting to see how this pans out. 

Changing the subject, King's Lynn have stated that Cook is replacing Riss, will they then be dumping Proctor when Riss is fit or will he be available?

Actually I don't even know why I'm asking this, I'm sure we wont be strengthening up by replacing the underperforming riders!

Proctor had his good season last season,,, he isn't any improvement over any of our current riders. And like you say,,, changes won't happen unless forced through injury,, but even then rr will be dragged on for far too long. 

As for Lawson at 1,,will be okay if makes the starts,, early meeting,, will tail off later in the meeting,,, at home,,, as for away,,,,,,,, i don't see many big scores,,,, but let's be honest,,,, he would have to be really really bad to do any worse than whats been at number one so far