British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Kennett comes in to replace Bellego the change was needed Kennett on small tracks is an upgrade all round 

Edited by Blue Witches

Kennett can be superb around Foxhall, and has been in fine form in championship so far this season.

I think other than perhaps at Belle vue Eddie is an upgrade all round.

Shame for David it’s not worked as he seems a likeable fella but a change had to be made, best of luck in the future David hope you get fixed up elsewhere

• Like 1

Just now, Baldyman said:

One down,,, one to go

Gotta have a rider willing to come in that’s the biggest problem - who’s out there now cooks gone to Lynn??

Should have got in there before Lynn,,,, it was always obvious Barry was gonna be dump at any small track 

Just imagine if we had gone for Cook and Rasmus like suggested 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

We’re already unbeaten at home this season and that one change has made fortress Foxhall even more of a fortress. 

Kennett will be far superior to Bellego around the Heath that’s not even up for debate. 

Perfect timing with a dangerous looking Swindon coming up next. 

Well done to those involved (whoever that may be) who decided to act and make the change. 

I know we’ve all been crying out for it, but it could have been easy to hide behind the team doing so well as a reason NOT to change anything. 

Good decision and good signing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We’re already unbeaten at home this season and that one change has made fortress Foxhall even more of a fortress. 

Kennett will be far superior to Bellego around the Heath that’s not even up for debate. 

Perfect timing with a dangerous looking Swindon coming up next. 

Well done to those involved (whoever that may be) who decided to act and make the change. 

I know we’ve all been crying out for it, but it could have been easy to hide behind the team doing so well as a reason NOT to change anything. 

Good decision and good signing. 

Good post,,,, and you did say we are better at making changes now.   I still didn't believe we would do it,,,,,, but we have,, I'm wrong.,,, should now be able to cope better with bombers lower scores at home

I think they had to make the change, with all the clubs below us strengthening up we couldn't afford to sit back just because we are second in the league at the moment. Kennett has been mentioned quite a bit this season and should do a good job. How long before he gets his kevlars & bike covers.

Proves how much the Cook signing was premeditated. Scott Nicholls signs for Peterborough before Cook for KL, but Cook has his kevlars & bike covers but Nicholls doesn't.

• Like 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

If Kennett is so amazing at Foxhall why not sign him in the winter? 

Good question, would’ve picked him over bellego from the start personally

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Good question, would’ve picked him over bellego from the start personally

To me it's a surprise signing, but I have no idea who is/isn't good at Foxhall. At least it's a brit though! 

Maybe they tried but couldn't agree a deal at the time.

• Like 1