British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

15 minutes ago, Bash said:

Swindon isn't a big track now and Bellego didn't do much when we rode there.

Scored zero didn't he? 

You have to feel for Bellego after such a decent season last year but it was becoming obvious his time was becoming limited.

Kennett away from home weakens the Witches although Bellego has been poor all season bar one match.

Kenneth surely strengthens Ipswich home and away comparing bellegos form not what Bellego is capable of, that's why the change has happened right?

Harris and Bellego should have gone a couple of weeks ago when others riders were available or sort of available 

I'd have preferred Scott and cook over Harris and Bellego 

48 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Mixed feelings re- Kennet-- a bit of a "faded Glory" as "has been" who never quite "been". He is likely to score more overall,  but just when he does well he is then poor.                    

We just need Kennett to do the same as the others, a steady 6/7/8/9. Bellego wasn’t doing that. 

Nobody is expecting him to come in and be a heatleader and to be honest, we don’t need him to be. 

He’ll slot in to the middle order and make this “strength in depth” team even more strength in depth. 

100% improves this team IMO. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You have to feel for Bellego after such a decent season last year but it was becoming obvious his time was becoming limited.

Kennett away from home weakens the Witches although Bellego has been poor all season bar one match.

Really don’t think it does Steve. Hard to be weakened away from home by axing a rider who Belle Vue aside, has been absolutely dreadful! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I cant see how people say he weakens the team away from home at all

As stated take away the one match at Belle Vue and Bellego has scored 2,0,0,5,4

In those matches we have been competitive and won a couple

In 5 matches Bellego has scored 11 points.......nobody can tell me that Kennett wouldnt do better than that

• Like 1

“55 points in 13 meetings at an average of just 4.40.”

Just seen this stat. He can’t have any complaints  

Edited by Arch Stanton

would be a great signing for us he loves the NSS he would score loads !!

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Don’t think he was that great last season Steve & struggled away from home.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I cant see how people say he weakens the team away from home at all

As stated take away the one match at Belle Vue and Bellego has scored 2,0,0,5,4

In those matches we have been competitive and won a couple

In 5 matches Bellego has scored 11 points.......nobody can tell me that Kennett wouldnt do better than that

If I could be bothered I'd look up all of Gavan's posts slating Kennett when Poole signed him as a replacement a couple of seasons ago!:rofl:

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Most  truthful thing that has ever been written.

Hope you know it's against the rules to edit someone's post and then post it for your own weird amusement and the two weird ones who finds it funny. 

Funny how Stevebrum hates it when people take the mick out of his lack of sleep but okay to make fun of other people! 

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Kennett can be superb around Foxhall, and has been in fine form in championship so far this season.

I think other than perhaps at Belle vue Eddie is an upgrade all round.

Shame for David it’s not worked as he seems a likeable fella but a change had to be made, best of luck in the future David hope you get fixed up elsewhere

Can’t agree with that - have had both at Swindon and Bellego is the better of the two.  He didn’t master Ipswich but he was easily your best rider at the NSS.

Just don’t put EK at number 4 as he usually bottles heat 14.

Hope Bellego gets fixed up.  Has his average fallen enough to replace Zach at Swindon :wink: (not a serious comment but what a team that would be :wink: )

Edited by Steve0

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Bomber,,, but only cos he isn't his best at Foxhall,,, his average will be dropping like a stone 

He was on fire the first few meetings at foxhall barging his way past opponents with ease.  It’s a mystery how he is now mr inconsistent.  I’d be reluctant to drop him given the lack of genuine heat leader replacements.  Also it might dent team morale if the incoming rider wasn’t as experienced.

33 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Can’t agree with that - have had both at Swindon and Bellego is the better of the two.  He didn’t master Ipswich but he was easily your best rider at the NSS.

Hope Bellego gets fixed up.  Has his average fallen enough to replace Zach at Swindon :wink: (not a serious comment but what a team that would be :wink: )

Yeah but you also said pre-season that we were easily the worst side in the league and were certs for the wooden spoon :P

45 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

What about the other 6 away meetings? The NSS was always going to be ONE that he would go well on. 

You must know as much anyone how bad Bellego is on Away circuits in general. I think some of you Swindon fans are blinded by the fact he was such a heavy scorer around your home track in the past. 

To use a term by strumpet, anyone with “half a brain” can see that Kennett is an upgrade on Bellego. Kennett will go better at the majority of tracks (including his new home one at Foxhall) than Bellego it’s as simple as that. 

Unfortunately for whoever picks him up, Swindon’s old track that he loved so much is no longer there. Still, he may go well at Belle Vue!

Edited by Steve Irving