British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Good post,,,, and you did say we are better at making changes now.   I still didn't believe we would do it,,,,,, but we have,, I'm wrong.,,, should now be able to cope better with bombers lower scores at home

nothing like being  glass half full  guy. Harris scored 8 last night. And we all know what he can do at the business end of the season. Give the guy aa break

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

If I could be bothered I'd look up all of Gavan's posts slating Kennett when Poole signed him as a replacement a couple of seasons ago!:rofl:

Go for it

You signed him to replace your so called number one in KK

We have signed him as a second string 

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

What about the other 6 away meetings? The NSS was always going to be ONE that he would go well on. 

You must know as much anyone how bad Bellego is on Away circuits in general. I think some of you Swindon fans are blinded by the fact he was such a heavy scorer around your home track in the past. 

To use a term by strumpet, anyone with “half a brain” can see that Kennett is an upgrade on Bellego. Kennett will go better at the majority of tracks (including his new home one at Foxhall) than Bellego it’s as simple as that. 

Unfortunately for whoever picks him up, Swindon’s old track that he loved so much is no longer there. Still, he may go well at Belle Vue!

Fortunately I have a whole brain and I don’t see EK as an upgrade!  Just my opinion!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

Fortunately I have a whole brain and I don’t see EK as an upgrade!  Just my opinion!

In which you’re perfectly entitled. 

56 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah but you also said pre-season that we were easily the worst side in the league and were certs for the wooden spoon :P

On paper your team was gash.  Fortunately, meetings aren’t won on paper.

21 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Are you suggesting i'm a prostitute Steve Irving ?

Suggesting no such thing. Damn predictive text on these smartphones. Don’t think I’ll ever get the hang of them.

9 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion of course, but I think you’ll be in a minority here. 13 meetings and averaging 4.40. If Kennett doesn’t improve upon that average I’ll be staggered. 

We’ll see. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stu219 said:

nothing like being  glass half full  guy. Harris scored 8 last night. And we all know what he can do at the business end of the season. Give the guy aa break

To be fair to Baldy it was 8 from 5 which is an average of just 6.4

For a rider at home who started on an average of 7.8 and no longer riding at No1 thats not fantastic.

Granted its no disaster either

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

To be fair to Baldy it was 8 from 5 which is an average of just 6.4

For a rider at home who started on an average of 7.8 and no longer riding at No1 thats not fantastic.

Granted its no disaster either

I know where he’s coming from too tbh. There’s no doubt Harris started on an inflated average and you just get the feel that if we had someone better on that average, it could really give us a genuine shot at the title. 

Im not saying he should definitely go, for a start I don’t see too many better options to replace him and he also seems to bed in well within the team and they all seem to get on well. 

One thing I have been disappointed about him though is the entertainment factor. Where is the “bomber” that you expect to see riding right out to the fence, wringing the throttle and reeling in those in front?

people can’t say that it’s not the track for him to do that because we see Heeps using those lines all the time and Nico did as well. We just see Harris happy to float around mid track and they’re not the lines I was expecting him to be using. 

30 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Go for it

You signed him to replace your so called number one in KK

We have signed him as a second string 

And he proved he wasn't good enough,still an improvement on KK though.

1 hour ago, chun said:

He was on fire the first few meetings at foxhall barging his way past opponents with ease.  It’s a mystery how he is now mr inconsistent.

Seriously? The only thing he is consistent in is being inconsistent. Read the Glasgow 2018 thread, twelve months ago we were also perplexed about his performances and were actively seeking a replacement whilst watching his average tumble.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

“55 points in 13 meetings at an average of just 4.40.”

Just seen this stat. He can’t have any complaints  

Don't know how the average was worked out, but it's points scored divided by rides x 4. Not saying the 4.40 it's wrong Arch. I can't see Kennett averaging less than that TBH :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, stu219 said:

Why do I have to be glass half full,, 

• Like 1

Not a move that I, personally, would have been happy with if it was my team.

I think it's a panic move based on numbers. Bellego looked good at Belle Vue and would have found form.

Kennett is ok, but seems like a pointless change made for change's sake.

• Like 1

Just now, Grachan said:

Not a move that I, personally, would have been happy with if it was my team.

I think it's a panic move based on numbers. Bellego looked good at Belle Vue and would have found form.

Kennett is ok, but seems like a pointless change made for change's sake.

Not so sure. David has had 13 meetings. Plenty of time to get going. He loves the NSS, so that meeting don't mean as much as it looks on paper. It must be his fav track by a mile.