British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

55 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know where he’s coming from too tbh. There’s no doubt Harris started on an inflated average and you just get the feel that if we had someone better on that average, it could really give us a genuine shot at the title. 

Im not saying he should definitely go, for a start I don’t see too many better options to replace him and he also seems to bed in well within the team and they all seem to get on well. 

One thing I have been disappointed about him though is the entertainment factor. Where is the “bomber” that you expect to see riding right out to the fence, wringing the throttle and reeling in those in front?

people can’t say that it’s not the track for him to do that because we see Heeps using those lines all the time and Nico did as well. We just see Harris happy to float around mid track and they’re not the lines I was expecting him to be using. 

Harris is well past his best ,happy to pick points without to much risk these days ,plenty Teams and Long Track stuff to bring in the cash, and make the sport pay ,which he said he was struggling to do in recent seasons.

So it seems to be predominantly Swindon fans who think this is a poor move. Not surprising considering he’s a favourite there. 

I dare say he’d be a favourite at Foxhall if he reproduced his Swindon form here. Unfortunately all he’s produced is absolute guff. 

Poor signing then by Louis.  He had shown no real form at Foxhole, so wonder what the criteria CL used in signing him ?

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So it seems to be predominantly Swindon fans who think this is a poor move. Not surprising considering he’s a favourite there. 

Correct. Understand Ipswich fans point of view but this move may have cost you the chance of winning the title.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris is well past his best ,happy to pick points without to much risk these days ,plenty Teams and Long Track stuff to bring in the cash, and make the sport pay ,which he said he was struggling to do in recent seasons.

And a 'guest friendly' average in both leagues is never a bad thing to run to earn a few extra bookings..

Particularly in the 'guest fest ' era that has taken place over the past five years or so..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not so sure. David has had 13 meetings. Plenty of time to get going. He loves the NSS, so that meeting don't mean as much as it looks on paper. It must be his fav track by a mile. 

All I know is that Bellego had struggles at times at Swindon last year but I would have been disapointed if this change had been made.

• Like 1

Bellego has been pants apart from at a big round track,,,,, looks like a total wobbler when at the back,,, and he has been at the back plenty,,, oh and not many big tracks so Kennett won't be any worse as a whole 

Looking at Bellego’s average for the season and his home scores he can have little room for complaint. Kennett is worth a go IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Grachan said:

All I know is that Bellego had struggles at times at Swindon last year but I would have been disapointed if this change had been made.

Well he isn't at Swindon,,, and now he isn't anywhere

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Looking at Bellego’s average for the season and his home scores he can have little room for complaint. Kennett is worth a go IMO. 

May be the move is to save on travel cost?

Is the rumour true that the witches boys sick of all the old frog leg bones around thier pits and would rather the smell of muffins?

Probably something to do with Brexit?:D

9 hours ago, Anzum said:

Correct. Understand Ipswich fans point of view but this move may have cost you the chance of winning the title.

Sarcasm at its finest. 

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Bellego has been pants apart from at a big round track,,,,, looks like a total wobbler when at the back,,, and he has been at the back plenty,,, oh and not many big tracks so Kennett won't be any worse as a whole 

Kennett generally is pants anywhere other than Eastbourne Rye House and Lakeside, unfortunately none of which are in the Premiership.

Not convinced this change helps Ipswich.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 5