British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

11 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Badly is right that points limit would have to be 40 so perhaps if we select a pool of 16 british young lions they can go and stay at no.7 on a 2 to 3 average all season depending on ability.  4 of the 16 acting as injury cover, sure someone will come up with a list of candidates. 

NL North

1. Berwick

2. Edinburgh 

3  Newcastle

4. Redcar

5. Scunthorpe 

6. Belle Vue

7. Stoke

NL South 

1. Eastbourne 

2. Cradley Heath

3. Isle of Wight

4. Kent

5. Mildenhall

6. Plymouth 

7. Coventry

Could be branded the Northern/Southern "Super 7" series 

Home and Away twice 

Top 4 from each league progress to play offs so winner North plays 4th in South and so on...

One cup competition with all clubs combined also

Very much a less is more

Coventry?

On 9/1/2019 at 9:50 AM, stevebrum said:

Coventry?

Positive thinking if they can get something put together somewhere, but needed another club to put in lol

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Positive thinking if they can get something put together somewhere, but needed another club to put in lol

I’d have said Leicester then!B)

So of the 4 dates proposed dates for the semi finals Thursday 26th is only one I can’t make because of work and that’s to be our home leg whoever we’re facing :angry: 

gutted!

Watching on my phone in the pub or restaurant it is then 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Are the semi's not on BT on a monday?

They’re over two weeks - Monday & Thursday each week, all 4 meetings are on bt. The home leg at Foxhall is 26/9 Thursday.

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

They’re over two weeks - Monday & Thursday each week, all 4 meetings are on bt. The home leg at Foxhall is 26/9 Thursday.

thanks for clearing that up. What about the final? :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

thanks for clearing that up. What about the final? :D

I don't think that will be on our agenda somehow, much as it pains me to say it.

Unless of course the lads suddenly find some unexpected form that hasn't been apparent recently. 

We can live in hope! 

4 hours ago, Super Blue said:

I don't think that will be on our agenda somehow, much as it pains me to say it.

Unless of course the lads suddenly find some unexpected form that hasn't been apparent recently. 

We can live in hope! 

I have a funny feeling Bomber may come back to bite Poole on the arse if they finish top and choose you

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I have a funny feeling Bomber may come back to bite Poole on the arse if they finish top and choose you

Possibly, but maybe Poole have already offered Bomber a place for next season if he behaves himself. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 10:30 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Badly is right that points limit would have to be 40 so perhaps if we select a pool of 16 british young lions they can go and stay at no.7 on a 2 to 3 average all season depending on ability.  4 of the 16 acting as injury cover, sure someone will come up with a list of candidates. 

NL North

1. Berwick

2. Edinburgh 

3  Newcastle

4. Redcar

5. Scunthorpe 

6. Belle Vue

7. Stoke

NL South 

1. Eastbourne 

2. Cradley Heath

3. Isle of Wight

4. Kent

5. Mildenhall

6. Plymouth 

7. Coventry

Could be branded the Northern/Southern "Super 7" series 

Home and Away twice 

Top 4 from each league progress to play offs so winner North plays 4th in South and so on...

One cup competition with all clubs combined also

Very much a less is more

You know something I don't (Coventry) I hope you are right

I know nothing just wanted to make it 7 sides in north and south but now we've lost stoke, remove Coventry and NL could run with two divisional leagues of 6 clubs in each.

Could run say 2 sets of fixtures against the team in the same zone and 1 set of fixtures against the opposite zone giving 

16 home fixtures per season 

Last home meeting of the regular season was on the 5th and the play off semi final set for the 26th

We have often seen these 3 week gaps coincide with difficulty in securing the win upon our return to action

It would IMO be desirable to have some kind of meeting at home on the 19th to keep our eye in

Unfortunately cant see it happening....

• Like 2