British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Mmmm, I'm thinking more like a no sale if he doesn't lose money clause.  I very much doubt there was ever going to be a sale,,, just uncle Buster agreeing to pay any debt that may occur

I agree. Chris wasn’t prepared to gamble his own money going into the top league. So buster underwrote the promotion.  

The crowds have been very good and I imagine has made money unlike Peterborough which I imagine has drained busters funds

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Mmmm, I'm thinking more like a no sale if he doesn't lose money clause.  I very much doubt there was ever going to be a sale,,, just uncle Buster agreeing to pay any debt that may occur

You might have something there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I agree. Chris wasn’t prepared to gamble his own money going into the top league. So buster underwrote the promotion.  

The crowds have been very good and I imagine has made money unlike Peterborough which I imagine has drained busters funds

Yes Chris L is a smart chap. With any luck busters has been cleaned out and he gives up and go back to his cabbage patch KL and let in someone who knows what they are doing to run British speedway. I not holding me breath. 

3 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Yes Chris L is a smart chap. With any luck busters has been cleaned out and he gives up and go back to his cabbage patch KL and let in someone who knows what they are doing to run British speedway. I not holding me breath. 

Having "someone who knows what they are doing" wouldn't of saved the Prem league and BT deal this season. He was the only one that put his hand in his pocket, and probably lost money.

I'm not saying he is the right man for the job, He's set in his ways, that's for sure, but where would the Prem  have been without him this season ? Gone maybe. 

Cabbage patch :rofl: , well they go together with webbed feet around these parts :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

My heart bleeds for him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cityrebel said:

My heart bleeds for him.

He has lost money at Peterborough, he has said so himself. Judging by the crowds at Lynn, I think he has lost there as well. Speedway is not a money making machine, it's a money pit.

So it's cost him £1000's. He spent 6 figures at Peterborough, before a wheel was turned. He didn't do it to make money, that's for sure!! 

If Buster did underwrite the Ippo promotion, he was the only one to put his money where his mouth is.

He has his haters, and your one of them.But if he walked away from the 3 clubs today, where would speedway be? 

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He has lost money at Peterborough, he has said so himself. Judging by the crowds at Lynn, I think he has lost there as well. Speedway is not a money making machine, it's a money pit.

So it's cost him £1000's. He spent 6 figures at Peterborough, before a wheel was turned. He didn't do it to make money, that's for sure!! 

If Buster did underwrite the Ippo promotion, he was the only one to put his money where his mouth is.

He has his haters, and your one of them.But if he walked away from the 3 clubs today, where would speedway be? 

I'm not a hater by any means, but someone has to take responsibility for the mess that the sport is in. The rot usually starts at the top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done to the Ipswich management who were not afraid this year to make changes, which on balance has given us a fighting chance against the top sides.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chun said:

Well done to the Ipswich management who were not afraid this year to make changes, which on balance has given us a fighting chance against the top sides.  

Has been a remarkable season so far

No one gave us a prayer of finishing anywhere other than 7th

Then it was the bubble has burst we wont hold on for a play off place

All the talk moved on to others making sure they finished top so they could pick the woefully out of form Witches 

12 up to 10 down in leg 1 - choke choke choke cries everyone - no hopes again

Well well well look where we are now...... :t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No one gave us a prayer of finishing anywhere other than 7th

Not completely true see the premiership betting thread. Though I do wonder if I should cash out. Still well done.

I hate to say this but I was cheering for Ippo against Poole but it made me laugh hearing Ritchie giving it the big un about doing it for the city... really he's Peterborough through n through...so is Danny...seen them both several times in London rd cheering on the Posh..and I'm sure they would both rather be at Panthers...good luck for the final Ippo bitches!

• Haha 2

At least we won't have to start the Ipswich 2020 thread for a few weeks yet.:t:

Seeing as we are in the final do you think we might get to see the 16 lapper this year, I hope so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash said:

At least we won't have to start the Ipswich 2020 thread for a few weeks yet.:t:

Seeing as we are in the final do you think we might get to see the 16 lapper this year, I hope so.

Well, if it is included, I hope there are no Poole riders invited, they struggle to complete 4 laps at Foxhall :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/29/2019 at 11:28 PM, theblueboy said:

Well, if it is included, I hope there are no Poole riders invited, they struggle to complete 4 laps at Foxhall :P

Ha ha.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:28 PM, theblueboy said:

I'm not so sure. I can see Holder and Kurtz going toe to toe for the win

• Haha 1