British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

First saw Tiger in his first Speedway season I believe in 1969 at Romford as a kid in his tiger leathers, he was bloody good even then  !  A outstanding career followed . A great rider and ambassdor . He IS Ipswich Speedway ! And a Legend in the sport . 

Edited by Goldhawk

20 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Not sure what's classed as s kid, but he would have been 28/29

He would have been and switched from scrambling if I remember right , the kid bit was me ! :wink:

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Chris taken from witches website

https://ipswichwitches.co/louis-a-lot-to-look-forward-to/

Hopefully they’ve finally got the banking perfect for the coming season, the weathers been far more favourable this off season for track works! Hopefully we get a bit of rain between now and the practise day to help it settle!

i personally am looking forward to the season and optimistic we will be entertained with the team that’s been put together, and like Danny said in his piece on eadt today - teams on paper written off at the start of the season often then surprise on track! There’s some gritty characters in there not afraid to get stuck in as well experience from top to bottom!

I thought Workington looked a poor side before a wheel was turned last season and they won everything!

• Like 2

Lol it's Thursday, it's raining, so it must be speedway!!!

Thank goodness it was just signing on night, all those brilliant volunteers signing up ready to get the speedway on next month!!

• Like 6

On 2/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

SPECIAL feature on the 'Tiger' in Speedway Star next week...

Can anyone enlighten me of the connection between Matthew Pinsent and Suffolk/Ipswich?

9 hours ago, Siggytastic said:

Can anyone enlighten me of the connection between Matthew Pinsent and Suffolk/Ipswich?

I noticed that as well and I tweeted the Star but have had no explanation.

As far as I know, he was born over the border but wasn't educated, lived or trained in the county.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:47 PM, Goldhawk said:

.....switched from scrambling if I remember right

He might have been a scrambler but he was also a grasstracker. I remember reading an article in the Speedway Express that he wrote about riders charging the tapes. He was suggesting that speedway should adopt the grasstrack rules whereby you were excluded for touching the tapes.

I think I'm showing my age.