British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

No you’re right there isn’t, but constantly seeing this thread catapulting back to the top was making me think there was!

Was just getting a little cheesed off tuning in only to see absolute guff about average speeds at other bloody tracks.

Maybe I’m just having a bad day :rolleyes:

An Ippo stat for you Arch 

Ippo's new average speed set in 2017 is 45.96 mph :D

10 hours ago, TB1 said:

Probably too early to say but are we thinking it's going to be a Friday double header against lynn? I think so many have missed it over the years.

Good Friday traditionally has always been King's Lynn v Ipswich home and away. Should imagine that it will be a return to that fixture.

41 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But Friday is not a fixed race day....

Bank Holiday meetings, especially a local derby, can bring in a lot of money so the clubs will need to take into account the possibly having to use a guest for any d/u riders.   

Edited by A ORLOV

Ipswich always has a Bumper Good Friday Crowd in.   Does Buster not run with Bangers/Stocks on Good Friday ?

41 minutes ago, semion said:

Ipswich always has a Bumper Good Friday Crowd in.   Does Buster not run with Bangers/Stocks on Good Friday ?

Not usually, tends to be the Bank Holiday bonanza from Saturday to Monday. I think it's just a case of workload having Speedway Friday and being ready for the bank holiday Stockcars the following day.

But the return of the Good Friday Norfolk v Suffolk will surely change his mind ££££'s

We're gonna have to do something special before the first home and away meeting, a sort of welcome back, let's get the thinking caps on :)

Maybe before thinking of getting meetings on a Bank Holiday Friday you may have to think that if Poland are running that day, they have priority and think you will find with their TVs deals there will be a number of foxtures that day.

13 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

If there is a double header on Good Friday I hope it's the traditional way..

Kings Lynn at 11am

Ipswich at 3pm

I would prefer the Monday as I am away over the weekend :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would prefer the Monday as I am away over the weekend :o

Just seen i am on nights on Good Friday,so i am with you Monday will be fine:rolleyes:.Although if they are going to use the Easter weekend for the old rivalry to commence you can't see it being any other than the traditional Good Friday.

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Just seen i am on nights on Good Friday,so i am with you Monday will be fine:rolleyes:.Although if they are going to use the Easter weekend for the old rivalry to commence you can't see it being any other than the traditional Good Friday.

Monday no go at foxhall ,normally got stock cars.

9 minutes ago, the quiet one said:

Monday no go at foxhall ,normally got stock cars.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek,as i said can't see it being anything other than the Friday if they do ride on the Easter weekend.

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

If there is a double header on Good Friday I hope it's the traditional way..

Kings Lynn at 11am

Ipswich at 3pm

Surely that’s a bit tight in terms of travelling between meetings.....it’s a couple of hours between tracks

2 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Surely that’s a bit tight in terms of travelling between meetings.....it’s a couple of hours between tracks

Pretty much use to be like that,although i think the second one use to start at 3.30pm.

• Like 1