British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Will they just slot Edward in at number 4 or change the pairings.

Feel sorry for David but its a needed change

I actually think it will bolster us away from home more

Scores of 2,0,0,5,4 and then 10 at Belle vue should easily be bettered by Kennett

At home David had 6,4,4,10,5,0,5..........now i would imagine Eddie will get 4 rides most meetings and might get 6 or 7

So in my opinion yes David was poor at Foxhall but i think the difference will be away.

5 or 6 points where David was getting 2 or 0 would have got us points

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

To me it's a surprise signing, but I have no idea who is/isn't good at Foxhall. At least it's a brit though! 

Its a great signing and will bolster us away from home and make us slightly stronger at home.

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I have no idea

Most  truthful thing that has ever been written.

• Haha 3

wish would would take him he flies around NSS he would score 8/9 pts if not more at NSS making us stronger at home we would have to release two riders berge & wells ? could be worth the risk ?

• Like 1

I’m not sure about this.  Kennett had a golden year then his bike was found to be turbo charged if I remember correctly.

id prefer Bellego over Kennett in a 2 leg tie against Belle Vue or Swindon.

Edited by chun

Swindon isn't a big track now and Bellego didn't do much when we rode there.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

One down,,, one to go

You would still replace Lawson would you given recent form?  Or is it bomber?

Edited by chun

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

Swindon isn't a big track now and Bellego didn't do much when we rode there.

That was his first look at the place.  Kennett won’t have ridden it.  At least Bellego has had some premiership track experience.  I hope this works out but by no means see it as a no brainer

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

As gavan would say that makes you stronger ;)

Gavan is one of the more eccentric Ipswich posters and doesn’t appear to have the same wise sense than his fellow Suffolk folk as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings re- Kennet-- a bit of a "faded Glory" as "has been" who never quite "been". He is likely to score more overall,  but just when he does well he is then poor.                    

Edited by Icicle

14 minutes ago, chun said:

I’m not sure about this.  Kennett had a golden year then his bike was found to be turbo charged if I remember correctly.

id prefer Bellego over Kennett in a 2 leg tie against Belle Vue or Swindon.

I agree with you in some respect but we have been to every track and bar Belle Vue he has been poor.

Its a risk worth taking that we dont meet Belle Vue in the play offs.....but we beat Belle Vue by 14 at home and 6 away so we could afford Eddie to say get 5 at Belle Vue and still be favourites over 2 legs

In 2 matches v Belle Vue , Bellego scored 14......Im sure Eddie would get 6 and 6 at least and only a difference of 2 points over the 2 matches

In my opinion barring injuries the top 4 looks like being Belle Vue, Ipswich, Swindon and possibly Peterborough though Kings Lynn have ridden only once at home and with Cook and possibly Riss to come back they could go on a run to the top 4

Edited by Gavan

2 minutes ago, chun said:

Gavan is one of the more eccentric Ipswich posters and doesn’t appear to have the same wise sense than his fellow Suffolk folk as far as I can tell.

Eccentric lol

And im not from Suffolk

But i see this as an improvement on the away tracks for sure

9 minutes ago, chun said:

You would still replace Lawson would you given recent form?  Or is it bomber?

Bomber,,, but only cos he isn't his best at Foxhall,,, his average will be dropping like a stone