British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

I cant believe some of the stuff im reading

We have a rider who has scored 11 points in 5 away meetings.................his average after 13 meetings is below 4.5

Eddie Kennett is no world beater thats for sure.....but surely he can improve on Bellego away from home and is certainly capable of averaging over 4.5

If after his first 13 meetings he averages less than 4.5 then i will say we got it wrong

Hopefully Eddy will be better at home (Foxhole) than Bellego was ....not sure about away matches but I love watching Eddy and he was pretty entertaining when he rode here in the Championships most of the time

In his first 2 heats on Thursday "Barry" was shutting off going over the start/finish line.... yes the track was iffy but it was there to be attacked. Easing off made it harder to ride.  Tbh he's been poor and given enough time to sort out any issues. 

Not once has he been out after the meeting practicing. It was mentioned this week that there was a good 40 mins track time available and only 2 Mildenhall riders used the opportunity. Maybe the reason this week is clear. His score at Belle Vue helped us gain a point but maybe that was always going to be his last.....

• Like 1

Will make Witches more solid at home, Edward will help keep the likes of Heeps and Allen at reserve or if they get pushed up they will have another very strong reserve down there,  maybe Harris or the Polish kid.

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Really don’t think it does Steve. Hard to be weakened away from home by axing a rider who Belle Vue aside, has been absolutely dreadful! 

Which is why I added one meeting aside.

17 hours ago, Gavan said:

I cant see how people say he weakens the team away from home at all

As stated take away the one match at Belle Vue and Bellego has scored 2,0,0,5,4

In those matches we have been competitive and won a couple

In 5 matches Bellego has scored 11 points.......nobody can tell me that Kennett wouldnt do better than that

Which is why I added one meeting aside. Kennett SHOULD do better away tho. I’m not that convinced tho.

16 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Don’t think he was that great last season Steve & struggled away from home.

Fair point, although I did agree one meeting aside.

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Funny how Stevebrum hates it when people take the mick out of his lack of sleep but okay to make fun of other people! 

I beg your pardon? Who have I made fun of?? Can you provide me any evidence??

Yes, I have a medical condition called insomnia, and some were more than happy to make fun of it.

My best memory of Bellego as a witch will be when he pipped Schlein on the line in the BT meeting, what a ride!

• Haha 4

I find it hard to imagine that Kennett will be any worse than Bellego has been. Obviously has a massive issue with the Foxhole track and going forward that would have been a big problem. Time will tell but I reckon this is a punt worth taking. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

My best memory of Bellego as a witch will be when he pipped Schlein on the line in the BT meeting, what a ride!

It was like he was suddenly someone else

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

He probably will be for another team :)

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I find it hard to imagine that Kennett will be any worse than Bellego has been. Obviously has a massive issue with the Foxhole track and going forward that would have been a big problem. Time will tell but I reckon this is a punt worth taking. 

I think you are spot on Baggy

Whilst there is certainly a better rider inside there than we have seen from Bellego at some point you have to say enough is enough a try someone different

Eddie may not be a guaranteed success but Id be amazed if he doesnt at least match  Bellegos scores to date. Indeed aside from knocking a team mate off as well he cant do worse than the zero return we got in some of the meetings so far.....

• Like 1

Still he was better than Phillipe Bergé

Shame we didn't move for Nicholls a couple of weeks ago. Still I'm quite happy with Kennet been mentioned on here enough as someone Ipswich should sign. 

Should have signed rasmus Jensen,,, he liked Foxhall,, and is smashing them in for Swindon,,,, but I guess we can't always have what we want,, apart from Barry being shown the door. 

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Should have signed rasmus Jensen,,, he liked Foxhall,, and is smashing them in for Swindon,,,, but I guess we can't always have what we want,, apart from Barry being shown the door. 

Ipswich aren’t the prestigious club they used to be.  Maybe not every rider going wants to sign for us...

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

was a cracking race Schlein was under Heeps of pressure