British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

can they sling sargeant after the 28th  averages appear ?, if that's the idea then fair doos

14 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Makes Ipswich weaker IMO

Harris doesn't look like turning it around regardless so now witches will be reliant on NKI, Heeps, Allen, Lawson and King at home while carrying Harris and Sarjeant 

Let's face it Harris is never going to score big every week at Foxhall but if he did rediscover some form away then it makes the witches stronger away potentially

As someone said earlier tho would have preferred to see Harris & Kennet go and bring In NKI and a stronger reserve

Time will no doubt tell, must enjoy NKI while we can as he wont be here next season now hes in the GPs

Think most would have preferred Tungate now instead of Harris lol

In fairness yes I said that about dropping bomber and one of the reserves, as someone pointed out to me this wouldn’t have dropped Jake back to reserve tho....Jake back at reserve is a massive plus

absolutely no to rather having had tungate  tbh, bomber hasn’t been good by any means but he has contributed to a couple of big results along the way that I can’t see tungate would have done - maximum away at Kings Lynn springs to mind, don’t think it would have been any different with tungate, neither him or bomber are no.1’s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

In fairness yes I said that about dropping bomber and one of the reserves, as someone pointed out to me this wouldn’t have dropped Jake back to reserve tho....Jake back at reserve is a massive plus

absolutely no to rather having had tungate  tbh, bomber hasn’t been good by any means but he has contributed to a couple of big results along the way that I can’t see tungate would have done - maximum away at Kings Lynn springs to mind, don’t think it would have been any different with tungate, neither him or bomber are no.1’s

Will be interesting if the others scores will improve a bit now With NKI coming in. Might give the team a lift.

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Will be interesting if the others scores will improve a bit now With NKI coming in. Might give the team a lift.

Could well help for sure, less pressure on Lawson at 2 riding with Niels rather than an out of form Harris, less pressure on Harris not at no.1, less pressure on Allen back down at reserve, obviously all riders 1-7 in any team are required to score points to be successful but several may be coming into the coming meetings with renewed confidence from the changes and subsequent position changes.

Adding a current Grand Prix rider who has just finished on the podium in the gp challenge must add confidence to the camp mustn’t it?

hopefully the weather is decent in the coming weeks the day of and day before meetings like last week as the track was superb and all of them looked much more comfortable on it last week

• Like 1

Seeing as the riding order changes week to week what does anybody think will be our lineup.

Maybe

1. NKI

2. Heeps

3. Lawson

4. Harris

5. King

6. Sarjeant

7. Allen

Or Harris at 2, Heeps at 3 & Lawson at 4

Just seen the preview on the Ipswich website and is as above but Harris at 3 and Lawson at 4.

Edited by Bash

i carnt believe folks talking about dropping harris, come play off he is the one rider you need in your team, look what he did last year at poole , ipswich could well be at poole some time in the play offs

another point id make is does anyone think it rather a little bit suspect that  ipswich and poole have suffered massive losses then made huge signings just in time for the play offs , speedway still a numbers game , worrall's average is 5.22 how can THJ average be below that?

1 minute ago, heathen chemistry said:

another point id make is does anyone think it rather a little bit suspect that  ipswich and poole have suffered massive losses then made huge signings just in time for the play offs , speedway still a numbers game , worrall's average is 5.22 how can THJ average be below that?

Because THJ isn't actually that good. He is nowhere the rider that was threathening to be a top GP rider a few years back.

3 minutes ago, heathen chemistry said:

i carnt believe folks talking about dropping harris, come play off he is the one rider you need in your team, look what he did last year at poole , ipswich could well be at poole some time in the play offs

'carnt' disagree.

Personally I think any team should not entertain bringing in a rider in the last few days before the transfer deadline who quite obviously did not want to commit to a full season in GB in the first instance, even if it does strengthen their chances of play-off success ...... it's all at the expense of riders who were committed to GB I reckon .....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, heathen chemistry said:

another point id make is does anyone think it rather a little bit suspect that  ipswich and poole have suffered massive losses then made huge signings just in time for the play offs , speedway still a numbers game

Your comment makes it sound like you’re suggesting the massive losses are due to average manipulation??

The results in August won’t have any affect on riders green sheet averages until 1st September which is after the 28th August cut off for transfers so doesn’t make a difference - what it does show is the promotion have waited until the last week to give the riders the maximum opportunity to rediscover their early season form before deciding on changes - changes have been made to give them what they believe are the best chances of making the playoffs and competing in them

Will people stop going on about last night meetings/averages and changes, we are currently using averages that came out on 1st August, last nights meetings won’t even be used in September averages!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Because THJ isn't actually that good. He is nowhere the rider that was threathening to be a top GP rider a few years back.

You could say basically the same for NKI

You been on those scooby snacks again I see, NKI qualifier for the GP series next year, where was THJ cant even compare to two in their current state

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You could say basically the same for NKI

Lol nki qualifies for next years gp series again at the weekend, rode as a heatleader in Poland and Swedish top leagues all season, thj scores chuff all at reserve in Sweden all season and has just signed for Berwick but yeah their careers have taken the same path :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

He is nowhere the rider that was threathening to be a top GP rider a few years back.

Heres what "Basically" i was saying naff all to do with THJ