British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

5 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

As previously said give Kim Nilsson a call.

Kim rides for Vargarna on Thurdays in the Allsvenskan  League and Marsarna in the Eliteserien League of which four meetings are scheduled for Thursdays. He also has a team place in Poland

3 hours ago, BluPanther said:

He will be a missing link ....

Who? JCF a missing link???

• Like 2

Would of been nice to have a statement from Ipswich Speedway today on what is happening with team building. They did say we should no the team before Christmas. Any how i would like to wish speedway fans everywhere a very happy Christmas. 

1 hour ago, cuckootoyou said:

Would of been nice to have a statement from Ipswich Speedway today on what is happening with team building. They did say we should no the team before Christmas. Any how i would like to wish speedway fans everywhere a very happy Christmas. 

Speaking to Chris on Saturday when I got my season ticket, likely now next announcements will be in the new year.

in fairness don’t think he ever said we’d for certain know the team by Christmas, but said he hoped to be be able to announce the team by Christmas, that hasn’t been the case, which is just as disappointing for him as the fans! 

• Like 2

Witches are struggling as I am told there are at least 4-5 riders that have been named on here numerous times have turned down the Witches and that they are the most likely ones as well....

Tungate as I have said previously is nailed on, yes there is history, not sure Tungate has visited Foxhall since the track alterations but on the right machinery he could have a good season next year, definitely a massive season for Rohan, not a no.1 for me however would have to have an exceptional season.

So far we are pretty much assured of the following

1. Rider Replacement (see what the January sales bring)

2. Cameron Heeps (all signed awaiting announcement)

3. Richard Lawson (all signed awaiting announcement)

4. Danny King (signed)

5. Rohan Tungate (closing in on agreement)

6. Michael Hartel (all signed awaiting announcement)

7. Jake Allen (signed)

None of the GP riders apart from Doyle and possibly NKI want to commit to the UK, looking at the rest of the field Hampel, Pedersen, Holder, Kildemand, Milik, Lebedevs, Pawlicki have all ruled themselves out of the running.

What possibilities are left? Andreas Jonsson? Martin Smolinski?  Mikkel Michelsen wants to ride in the UK but his average is not for no.1

Scott has said now he expects to start without a club unless of course someone comes in with a good offer before hand, even with Scott Ipswich would be well below the team limit.

Very difficult position to be in having 6 riders who are all decent at Foxhall but not being able to find a no.1, other riders I had heard was strongly linked with and were spoken to was Josh Bates & Ty Procter but both will not be signed. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Witches are struggling as I am told there are at least 4-5 riders that have been named on here numerous times have turned down the Witches and that they are the most likely ones as well....

Tungate as I have said previously is nailed on, yes there is history, not sure Tungate has visited Foxhall since the track alterations but on the right machinery he could have a good season next year, definitely a massive season for Rohan, not a no.1 for me however would have to have an exceptional season.

So far we are pretty much assured of the following

1. Rider Replacement (see what the January sales bring)

2. Cameron Heeps (all signed awaiting announcement)

3. Richard Lawson (all signed awaiting announcement)

4. Danny King (signed)

5. Rohan Tungate (closing in on agreement)

6. Michael Hartel (all signed awaiting announcement)

7. Jake Allen (signed)

None of the GP riders apart from Doyle and possibly NKI want to commit to the UK, looking at the rest of the field Hampel, Pedersen, Holder, Kildemand, Milik, Lebedevs, Pawlicki have all ruled themselves out of the running.

What possibilities are left? Andreas Jonsson? Martin Smolinski?  Mikkel Michelsen wants to ride in the UK but his average is not for no.1

Scott has said now he expects to start without a club unless of course someone comes in with a good offer before hand, even with Scott Ipswich would be well below the team limit.

Very difficult position to be in having 6 riders who are all decent at Foxhall but not being able to find a no.1, other riders I had heard was strongly linked with and were spoken to was Josh Bates & Ty Procter but both will not be signed. 

That's barely a championship side:cry:

• Like 1

I did put should no the team by Christmas. Any how would a statement to the fans be to big of an ask. Lets be honest quite a few of us no who has been signed and the reason why he isn't saying anymore. What worries me is that a lot of loyal fans i have known for many seasons are not  only passing on season tickets but are talking about not attending at all. This is for all sorts of reasons but doesn't look good for the club.

• Like 1

I believe it is a reflection on the quality of the top level in the UK, should have set the team building limit to 40 :blink:

It is very much clear that this was a last minute decision and that Louis was all set for the Championship, if he can bring on the likes of Allen & Hartle with Kemp in for 2020 then even if finishing near the bottom, it could be worth it in the long term, Heeps 2 season ago was potentially getting to a stage where he could have been challenging Rory/King for no.1 but last season he didn't progress.

Witches could have lined up in the Championship with this team however, sorry for doing this

1. Danny King

2. Connor Mountain

3. Ty Proctor

4. Mason Campton

5. Scott Nicholls

6. Drew Kemp

7. Jordan Jenkins

11 minutes ago, cuckootoyou said:

I did put should no the team by Christmas. Any how would a statement to the fans be to big of an ask. Lets be honest quite a few of us no who has been signed and the reason why he isn't saying anymore. What worries me is that a lot of loyal fans i have known for many seasons are not  only passing on season tickets but are talking about not attending at all. This is for all sorts of reasons but doesn't look good for the club.

Not attending at all is a bit harsh, the Witches have 6 solid riders, just need the correct final rider to finish the team off and it only has to finish mid-table to get into the Play Offs

37 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I believe it is a reflection on the quality of the top level in the UK, should have set the team building limit to 40 :blink:

It is very much clear that this was a last minute decision and that Louis was all set for the Championship, if he can bring on the likes of Allen & Hartle with Kemp in for 2020 then even if finishing near the bottom, it could be worth it in the long term, Heeps 2 season ago was potentially getting to a stage where he could have been challenging Rory/King for no.1 but last season he didn't progress.

Witches could have lined up in the Championship with this team however, sorry for doing this

1. Danny King

2. Connor Mountain

3. Ty Proctor

4. Mason Campton

5. Scott Nicholls

6. Drew Kemp

7. Jordan Jenkins

Tbh apart from connor,  because he can't ride foxhall, and Scott I'd be happier with that team than the one you are predicting 

33 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Not attending at all is a bit harsh, the Witches have 6 solid riders, just need the correct final rider to finish the team off and it only has to finish mid-table to get into the Play Offs

Lol i am not sure they are being harsh, they were going to walk away after 2010 but Chris dropping down changed their minds. As i said there are several reasons why they are thinking about walking away and having three clubs owned by the same man really hasn't helped. 

52 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

1. Danny King

2. Connor Mountain

3. Ty Proctor

4. Mason Campton

5. Scott Nicholls

6. Drew Kemp

7. Jordan Jenkins

Swap Connor for Nathan Greaves and that would be challenging for honours in the CL in 2019....

• Like 2

Perhaps when we know the line up we can judge before condemning.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Your 2 announced signings so far are good. Every club has bratty fans. Just wait and see what happens. Something will turn up. Out of that provisional 6. Drop hartel. Sign Nichols/gomolski and a stronger bottom end rider then make changes mid season when riders do become available. Thj probably has a point to prove with all his doubters. As would tungate have. “ nobody wanted us and here is our chance” . 

Unfancied teams often end up ok. While a fancied team will struggle. The announced 1st 7 won’t be the final 7 for you guys