British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, Badge said:

I'd be happy as larry if Proctor and Jorgensen signed for us, along with Nathan Greaves. If we can't compete with a proper PL line up, at least we would have riders who give 100% for the team, alongside Danny and Jake.

Add Kyle Newman, always gives 100 percent

• Like 1

Nichols/tungate/

proctor

gomolski

lawson

king

allen

Kerr thj auty 

If a name becomes available you can always shape shift where needed

every rider here has a point to prove and that's where improvement comes from. Very strong reserves too

Lots of 3-3s as I don't see too many last places

Edited by Danny Connor

5 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Nichols/tungate/

proctor

gomolski

lawson

king

allen

Kerr thj auty 

every rider here has a point to prove and that's where improvement comes from. Very strong reserves too

If you think Nicholls/Tungate are No 1's you are seriously deluded:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

And that is why self interest has killed the top league. A while ago when I said Ipswich would be shafted I was told it would not be in busters best interests to have a poor team at foxhall. 

Common sense says if you have two world class riders and two teams then you would have one each surely ???? 

As for drew. You would take him as quickly as you did with Richard knight mark loram and Tony rickardsson.  Who would blame you either. 

We don’t want premiership racing. 

We don’t want buster as our owner. 

We just want our club back. 

Build your team differently then! You could set up with a team or riders who have points to prove. If it doesn't work out then riders become available mid season. Poole replaced on paper holder with Richie worall and sundstrom with Harris. Pre season if that was announced as a line up there would be an outcry. But goes to prove It's not doom and gloom yet

2 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Build your team differently then! You could set up with a team or riders who have points to prove. If it doesn't work out then riders become available mid season. Poole replaced on paper holder with Richie worall and sundstrom with Harris. Pre season if that was announced as a line up there would be an outcry. But goes to prove It's not doom and gloom yet

I’m not in charge unfortunately. If we can’t afford a decent team to start with then I doubt we will be able to strengthen later. 

Middle order riders are easy to find during the season but we need a out and out number one.  There seems to be none out there willing to ride so to find one later is going to be impossible. 

Im happy with a solid team providing we have a effective number one.  

18 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Nichols/tungate/

proctor

gomolski

lawson

king

allen

Kerr thj auty 

Do you really think Tungate & Auty would be team mates!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Cam to be announced tomorrow then. 

Keep the faith boys and girls (and Arch Stanton) CL has a hat with kroliks in. 

There is no way that the real Witches owner would allow a sub standard team and, IMHO, the Witches should have new faces in for their renewed assault on the top division.  Remember the unknown young Aussie who arrived here in 1972 and won his first two heats in British speedway after a few practice skids around the track on borrowed equipment. Gems are out there still. It may be the hope that kills you, but it is also what keeps us alive. 

Chatting with Drew on social media, I am more concerned that his future is NOT certain with the Witches, and he has turned down an invitation to a sponsors day at Heath Road hospital as he "doesn't know what he's doing". 

I fear we may never see him in a Witches racesuit again so hopefully Guy is wrapping up the likes of Jenkins on long term agreements as the future of British speedway riders is bright, again IMHO only.

Jenkins has signed for Kent and they have announced he is a full asset....

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Jenkins has signed for Kent and they have announced he is a full asset....

Thanks Bruv. I didn't know that as, as you can appreciate, it is difficult to keep tabs on speedway matters where I am currently residing, lol. 

I think Cam wiil be in regardless of how we complete so Im hoping its not him tomorrow so it shows some progress in getting the full seven finalised

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think Cam wiil be in regardless of how we complete so Im hoping its not him tomorrow so it shows some progress in getting the full seven finalised

Two of the four “signed” riders before Christmas were rumoured to be Heeps and Richard Lawson so it’s probably one of them. 

Agree with you though, would much prefer a surprise preferably a strong heatleader!