Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Happy with that

Welcome to the Witches Krystian

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Happy with that

Welcome to the Witches Krystian

Me too. Just like the old days, had to be a Pole in there somewhere!

• Like 1

Got a good one there.  Or have we. His away scores for Leicester were not all that apart from at wolves and he got dropped.   But you never know, he may do  better on his second visits to the tracks.  Where does his average currently put him in the team? 

Edited by Baldyman

Can’t say I saw much of him while riding for Leicester last year, maybe once on the tv?

But I was at Kings Lynn a couple of years when he came second in the world u-21 final to Fricke and he was superb that evening, looked strong and confident, with good equipment etc.

welcome to Ipswich Krystian! 

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Me too. Just like the old days, had to be a Pole in there somewhere!

A great signing did well in his stint with  Leicester and he impressed me before at King's Lynn in the U21s.For me he is at the level of Musielak and he has improvement in him the biggest plus is he can win races and against nearly everybody in this league pleased for the Witches fans.

“My manager Thomas Gaszynski, who was Tomasz Gollob’s manager for 25 years, and Chris Louis, who Thomas has known for many years”

So who else does this Gasz cat manage? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Got a good one there.  Or have we. His away scores for Leicester were not all that apart from at wolves and he got dropped.   But you never know, he may do  better on his second visits to the tracks.  Where does his average currently put him in the team? 

12 at Somerset was a very impressive performance.

So two good scores out of the four away appearances - both on tracks he would never have ridden before. My concern would be the two point drop in his Polish Extraliga average last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone know why he lost his place in the Leicester team last season? He seems to have looked pretty decent tbf. 

Think Leicester changes were done with cost cutting in mind, once Vaculik & King got injured their season was over.

• Like 1

Think you’re always going to get inconsistencies with the Poles over here, even the very top ones have tracks and meetings that they just don’t go well on/in. 

Even Gollob had some absolute stinkers, especially at Wolves. 

All in all though it’s a signing I’m pleased with. He won plenty of races in his spell here last year with Leicester so that’s a good sign considering he was seeing tracks for the first time. 

Cant say I know about his riding style, but Louis and Ritchie Hawkins seem to think he’ll be a crowd pleaser and entertaining so that’s always a positive. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Col said:

Think Leicester changes were done with cost cutting in mind, once Vaculik & King got injured their season was over.

Think he was dropped through no thought of is own due to the dreaded numbers game when Scott Nicholls arrived

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone know why he lost his place in the Leicester team last season? He seems to have looked pretty decent tbf. 

Anyway welcome lad, by my calculations that leaves 13.48 left for the last two

Yes, he was the fall guy when we made en mass changes in one go. Most fans were sad to see him go. Very professional, top notch bikes, first class gating, and was only going to get better. You have got a rider with lots of potential. Only downsides, forgets to look for team mate on the outside at times and not keen on an interview in English.

IMHO he is a good signing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyway welcome lad, by my calculations that leaves 13.48 left for the last two

Form and confidence seemed to fall off a cliff after looking like a potential heat leader early doors. Started to be a bit of a hazard to team mates. Probably true that cost-cutting was also a factor. But he does really need to work on his English.