British Speedway Forum

With Somerset moving back to the championship what are people's predictions on next years team? I can see Henry Adkins at reserve after signing him as an asset.

looks like you are fav for the 4s already !

Getting a balanced team on a 38 point team limit is very tricky and the Rebels won’t be able to fit in everyone. Assuming the averages are as per the last CL listed on the SGB website:

1 Charles 7.88

2 Berge 5.03

3 Klindt 6.94 or Covatti 6.56

4 Coty Garcia 4.47

5 Jake 7.37

6 Nicol 4 (unlikely to get him) 

7 2.0 

Total 

I’d love BWD as well but that would make us very weak at reserve. Some tough decisions to be made!

8 hours ago, Always a RACER said:

Getting a balanced team on a 38 point team limit is very tricky and the Rebels won’t be able to fit in everyone. Assuming the averages are as per the last CL listed on the SGB website:

1 Charles 7.88

2 Berge 5.03

4 Coty Garcia 4.47

5 Jake 7.37

7 2.0 

Total 

I’d love BWD as well but that would make us very weak at reserve. Some tough decisions to be made!

would nt jake be riding for scunthorpe ?

54 minutes ago, Batman65 said:

would nt jake be riding for scunthorpe ?

I doubt it as he’s a Somerset asset 

10 hours ago, Always a RACER said:

1 Charles 7.88

2 Berge 5.03

4 Coty Garcia 4.47

5 Jake 7.37

7 2.0 

Total 

no klindt in the championship this year . try again BWD looks good tho .

3 hours ago, Always a RACER said:

I doubt it as he’s a Somerset asset 

I'd be very surprised to see Jake riding for Somerset next season.

1 hour ago, james1234 said:

Sticking to Wednesday nights 

Hoorah if true as getting down to Somerset from South Glos on a Friday was awful plus being on a Wednesday it allows last minute decision to be made and doesn't mess up any w/e plans in the camper.

All this swapping back and forward between boards is getting tiresome. :rofl:  Very mixed feelings.

I think what  everyone should remember is at least they have Speedway........... many don't.

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 4

Not many riders around the 4 point mark which makes things a little difficult with the limit of 38. 

Wright (7.68), Covatti (6.56), Wilson-Dean (5.85), Starke (5.73), Wajtknecht (5.06), Shanes (4.96), Atkins (2) - 37.84

Or going for more strength at the top;

Morris (8.67), Wright (7.68), Ellis (7.64), Wilson-Dean (5.85), Greaves (3.99), Atkins (2), Kemp? (2) 37.83

If Kennett is available with his average from the Premiership last year that would convert to 8.16 which looks good value