British Speedway Forum

43 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Morris (8.67), Wright (7.68), Ellis (7.64), Wilson-Dean (5.85), Greaves (3.99), Atkins (2), Kemp? (2) 37.83

Like the 2nd option

I'm probably way out tbh but

1. Charles Wright 7.88

2. Dimitri Berge 5.03

3. Nico Covatti 6.56 

4. Bradley Wilson- Dean 6.00

5. Jake Allen 7.56

6. Drew Kemp 2.00

7. Henry Atkins 2.00 

Bit weak at reserve so I really doubt May would go for this side. Would be hard to beat at the Oak Tree though. 

These teams suggested so far look shocking. Sign of the times granted but certainly nothing to get excited about.

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

These teams suggested so far look shocking. Sign of the times granted but certainly nothing to get excited about.

Thats what happens when the brothers grim get there paws on desicion making.

We are still waiting on the transparency we were promised.

14 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That’s the impact of a downgraded CL at a 38 points limit. It’s almost like a blend of championship and national league now. 

10 hours ago, Always a RACER said:

That’s the impact of a downgraded CL at a 38 points limit. It’s almost like a blend of championship and national league now. 

Absolutely - however after watching the likes of Doyle and Jack Holder most weeks and some of the top visiting riders, watching a bunch of National League riders does nothing for me.

• Sad 2

I expect Garry & Debbie to have a team of "racers" Charles Wright, Greg Allen & Nico Covatti being 3 obvious candidates. I would like to see James Shanes as he's a racer & local.

I have said this before riders will want to ride for Somerset as its a great race track, this gives Somerset a huge advantage with team selection.

Good luck to the rebels in 2019.........

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Always a RACER said:

I don't think the suggested teams look to bad tbh ! You can't beat Bread and Butter Racers !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I expect Garry & Debbie to have a team of "racers" Charles Wright, Greg Allen & Nico Covatti being 3 obvious candidates. I would like to see James Shanes as he's a racer & local.

I have said this before riders will want to ride for Somerset as its a great race track, this gives Somerset a huge advantage with team selection.

Good luck to the rebels in 2019......…

That's got my speedway appetite going !!!

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely - however after watching the likes of Doyle and Jack Holder most weeks and some of the top visiting riders, watching a bunch of National League riders does nothing for me.

thats a bit unfair .  most of the elite/premier riders come from the middle order league .have you tried going to a prem football meeting a watching over price , over paid fancy pants footballs fall over when the get down draft of someone who has just farted ? you have a choice , to go or not . but i bet you would like kemp or an other nl rider in the zummerzet team !

Shame about dropping down, although more home meetings gives me more of a chance to visit the OTA as I was only able to attend a couple of meetings last year. 

I think in terms of the team start with Charles and Nico and then build from there. I would like to see Henry Atkins in Rebels colours due to his history with the club, my only worry is that it might be a little too soon and could knock his confidence going forward. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Najjer said:

After taking four and a half points out of the limit I would get used to it, riders averaging around six points are going to become very valuable. Thankfully my team have built teams full of riders like that for years, ironic that with the points limit as it is now they may not take to the track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BristolRebel said:

Shame about dropping down, although more home meetings gives me more of a chance to visit the OTA as I was only able to attend a couple of meetings last year. 

I think in terms of the team start with Charles and Nico and then build from there. I would like to see Henry Atkins in Rebels colours due to his history with the club, my only worry is that it might be a little too soon and could knock his confidence going forward. 

Why do people keep saying about more meetings? Possibly by 1 or 2 over the course of a season but it's not like there will be endless more matches compared to the Premiership. Matter of fact there is less League matches than if we were in the Premiership.

Edited by Najjer

15 hours ago, Najjer said:

Why do people keep saying about more meetings? Possibly by 1 or 2 over the course of a season but it's not like there will be endless more matches compared to the Premiership. Matter of fact there is less League matches than if we were in the Premiership.

Because in the Championship you have 11 other teams to race against, as opposed to 6 other teams in the Premiership. 

Actually quite surprised to see all of the doom and gloom about dropping down to this league. I’m sure the likes of Lakeside fans would take your place in heartbeat! 

• Like 2