British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Because in the Championship you have 11 other teams to race against, as opposed to 6 other teams in the Premiership. 

Actually quite surprised to see all of the doom and gloom about dropping down to this league. I’m sure the likes of Lakeside fans would take your place in heartbeat! 

If Somerset was in the 1st division we would have 14 home league fixtures as we race each team twice. In the 2nd division we have a maximum of 11. There is less fixtures in the 2nd division than the 1st!

39 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If Somerset was in the 1st division we would have 14 home league fixtures as we race each team twice. In the 2nd division we have a maximum of 11. There is less fixtures in the 2nd division than the 1st!

You are correct & as a Lions fan I remain disappointed in the decision to drop down a league. An upside is we will see more different visiting teams and hopefully no team visiting back to back for league meetings which only added to the boredom caused by lack of alternative opposition. 

Najjer if it stands as it is it you could be correct but if the 2 NL teams enter the league there could be more league match's ,

Don't forget the Championship have 2 cups to play for so could be more.

I like your good self a little disappointed.  The racing last year was great with usually 4 riders contesting each race not 2 x 2 man races for each heat. 

On the plus side we still have racing and a team to watch. 

I can see Gary putting together a very competitive team as normal maybe a outright No 1 such as King. Harris or Nichols to go along side Charles and Nico

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

The Premiership(1st division) is 7 clubs riding home & away twice which is 12 meetings. Added to this will be the cup meetings.

The Championship(2nd division) hopefully will be 12 clubs riding once home & away which will be 11 meetings. Added to this 3 Shield cup meetings & a KO Cup meeting.

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

The Premiership(1st division) is 7 clubs riding home & away twice which is 12 meetings. Added to this will be the cup meetings.

The Championship(2nd division) hopefully will be 12 clubs riding once home & away which will be 11 meetings. Added to this 3 Shield cup meetings & a KO Cup meeting.

If Somerset were in the top division then it would be 14 meetings like I said and not 12 as you have said. 

• Confused 1

You can not race against yourself. It is 6 other teams, twice!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

You can not race against yourself. It is 6 other teams, twice!

7    +     1      =      8 (somerset and 7 others)

7    x     2      =      14 (the 7 others x2)

hope this helps

11 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

7    +     1      =      8 (somerset and 7 others)

7    x     2      =      14 (the 7 others x2)

hope this helps

Thanks for the explaining that for me.... hope this helps IronScorpion

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, WorkyWorky said:

Because in the Championship you have 11 other teams to race against, as opposed to 6 other teams in the Premiership.  

Actually quite surprised to see all of the doom and gloom about dropping down to this league. I’m sure the likes of Lakeside fans would take your place in heartbeat! 

Yes but in the Premiership teams meet twice away and at home, where's in the Championship they meet once away and once at home ! Simples !!!

1. So Jake at Scunthorpe the keyboard team builders will have to start again.

Not surprised at Jake leaving.  Hope we can still keep BWD

7 minutes ago, idh said:

Not surprised at Jake leaving.  Hope we can still keep BWD

Wilson-Dean isn't the best away from home, he's like the modern day Simon Walker. I'd anticipate Covatti, Wright and Kemp as the first 3 signings.