British Speedway Forum

Don't be surprised if there's another Aussie at the OTA in 2019.

By the way, what's the difficulty in understanding how many meetings you'll be getting?

In the so-called 'big league' you are guaranteed a minimum of 13 matches.   12 league and 1 cup.

In the preferable (as I see it) Championship you are guaranteed a minimum of 15 matches.  11 league, 3 Shield and 1 cup.

How difficult is that to grasp, even for Poms?

Why are people not surprised jake has left the rebels,good scores and fans like him,or am I missing something?

29 minutes ago, coomie said:

Why are people not surprised jake has left the rebels,good scores and fans like him,or am I missing something?

Very disappointed that Jake is not back, the Jake inside pass on bends 1 &  3 will be missed. Think there may have been already been problems when Jake didn't ride the final meeting @ King's Lynn?    I don't mind "division 2" speedway as long as we have a team of racers (not just riders) so come on Gary a team of 7 racers please.  I don't think Henry Atkins is ready yet whatever his dad might tell you (& hundreds of others)!!!!

46 minutes ago, coomie said:

You are missing something!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uluru said:

Don't be surprised if there's another Aussie at the OTA in 2019.

By the way, what's the difficulty in understanding how many meetings you'll be getting?

In the so-called 'big league' you are guaranteed a minimum of 13 matches.   12 league and 1 cup.

In the preferable (as I see it) Championship you are guaranteed a minimum of 15 matches.  11 league, 3 Shield and 1 cup.

If Somerset was in the top division it would of been the same amount of meetings as the 2nd division, which would of included more league matches which are the more important ones. People can't seem to grasp that though and keep saying at least we get more meetings by dropping down a league... no we don't!

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

You are missing something!

Is it from the kings Lynn meeting in the cup,thought he was carrying a injury

4 hours ago, Uluru said:

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

If Somerset was in the top division it would of been the same amount of meetings as the 2nd division, which would of included more league matches which are the more important ones. People can't seem to grasp that though and keep saying at least we get more meetings by dropping down a league... no we don't!

I can't believe this, how can an Australian get the numbers right and Najjer can't?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

Wilson-Dean isn't the best away from home, he's like the modern day Simon Walker. I'd anticipate Covatti, Wright and Kemp as the first 3 signings.

Not any more as it has been announced this afternoon that Kemp has signed for Sheffield.

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I can't believe this, how can an Australian get the numbers right and Najjer can't?

I agreed with him/her - adding that if Somerset were added to the first division we would have 14 home matches as oppose to the 12 that the division's teams are currently getting. That is not difficult to understand.

6 hours ago, coomie said:

I believe the deal for Scunny was already signed before he left ,before the knee jerk reaction for Somerset to drop a division

Two riders announced at the forum tonight: Chris Harris and Nico Covatti.  No Charles Wright though.

Chris Harris will not be our top averaged rider.

Edited by Willowman
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Willowman said:

No Charles Wright though.

Does this mean he's signing for someone else? 

8 minutes ago, Bignite said:

your having a Giraffe 

NEW SIGNINGS ALERT  Somerset announce their first two signings for their return to the Championship - Chris Harris and Nico Covatti. #speedway #motorsport #somerset

No Giraffes.....