British Speedway Forum

Whilst the promotion maintain they offered Charles the "agreed going rate" and he has decided to go elsewhere. At no point have they stated that they also offered the "agreed going rate" to Harris. We all know the answer to that one. Garry probably has done everything he could to sign Charles, but Garry doesn't sign the cheques.

• Like 2

Rory Schlein for the OTA Breaking News I like it

Edited by idh

1 hour ago, idh said:

Rory Schlein for the OTA Breaking News I like it

Better hope for a good summer like last year,he doesn't like dirt or wet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rustyre bel1 said:

SCHLEIN

BWD ?

NICO

TODD K ?

BOMBER

9 - 23 LEFT FOR 6 AND 7

I think that team would leave around 3.5 points left for the two reserves!! There must be a couple of 4 point Aussies coming or Gary May has something else up his sleeve!

Im quite happy with Schlein he could do an Olly Allen type role from 2014.

44 minutes ago, rustyre bel1 said:

SCHLEIN

BWD ?

NICO

TODD K ?

BOMBER

9 - 23 LEFT FOR 6 AND 7

Sorry but I'm not getting over excited with the team being assembled! I have the greatest respect for Bomber & Roo Boy - but in speedway terms they are old men! it's normally younger up-&-coming riders that produce the best racing & chase for honors.  I would also like to see somerset connection wherever possible BUT most important no riders missing meetings because they are riding for another team.   P.S. Is Bomber going to be on the same guarantee he started last season with Glasgow & Rye House?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rustyre bel1 said:

SCHLEIN

BWD ?

NICO

TODD K ?

BOMBER

9 - 23 LEFT FOR 6 AND 7

Remember its a 38 point limit

You have under 16 left for final 4

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Sorry but I'm not getting over excited with the team being assembled! I have the greatest respect for Bomber & Roo Boy - but in speedway terms they are old men! it's normally younger up-&-coming riders that produce the best racing & chase for honors.  I would also like to see somerset connection wherever possible BUT most important no riders missing meetings because they are riding for another team.   P.S. Is Bomber going to be on the same guarantee he started last season with Glasgow & Rye House?  

Hope not couldn’t make it pay:rolleyes:

What everyone has forgotten is the low 38 point limit. Therefore nearly every team will have very low average reserves.

What average would Henry Atkins or Richard Andrews come in on. Maximum I would think 2.5 each. Alfie Bowtell has an average of 2.38.

After taking into account the top 3 already signed you have a total of 15.05 points left.

Two reserves would take it down to about 10.05 for the last 2 riders. Maybe someone like Paul Starke at 5.88, James Shane's 5.09, Mark Riss  at 4.84, Ben Morley 4.92 all come not the numbers game.

i think BWD at 6.00 and Todd Kurtz at 5.91 are too high.

However new Australians on 4 could come into play.

Fun doing guessing games. Mr May and Miss Hancock will sort it out.

I'm a bit nonplussed with this line up, despite my heritage as a Coventry fan. Bomber and Schlein were the essence of Coventry - but around 2005-2007 and of course Bomber gave great service after that to Bees. I was attracted to Somerset last year by the riding of the younger brigade, especially Wilson-Dean, Allen, and also the spectacle of seeing Wright and Covatti. This all seems a bit backward looking to me... 

Edited by speedybee
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Statman said:

A plane????????

Just now, Sherborne Green said:

What everyone has forgotten is the low 38 point limit. Therefore nearly every team will have very low average reserves.

What average would Henry Atkins or Richard Andrews come in on. Maximum I would think 2.5 each. Alfie Bowtell has an average of 2.38.

After taking into account the top 3 already signed you have a total of 15.05 points left.

Two reserves would take it down to about 10.05 for the last 2 riders. Maybe someone like Paul Starke at 5.88, James Shane's 5.09, Mark Riss  at 4.84, Ben Morley 4.92 all come not the numbers game.

i think BWD at 6.00 and Todd Kurtz at 5.91 are too high.

However new Australians on 4 could come into play.

Fun doing guessing games. Mr May and Miss Hancock will sort it out.

What will be the race day of the Rebels in 2019?         Henry Atkins... not ready yet.  Richard Andrews.... has talent, but been around to long.